Why become a member? ×

Hagstrom Super Swede 'Abba bass' - Northern Series ↓PRICE↓
£1200

Bassalot

[quote name='wombatboter' timestamp='1436175026' post='2815507']
Trustworthy seller too....GLWTS
[/quote]

GLWTS... I had to look it up, I must confess. :rolleyes: Anyway, it is indeed pretty to look at. Sound-wise, it offers that little bit of extra bite over a regular Jazz.Great also with the tone rolled back.

Kind regards,
Elmer

Back in the 70's when I was playing a Satellite Bass I always dreamed of having a Hagstrom. I used to sit and look at the ads in guitar magazines and imagine a world in which I could own one (keep in mind that at the same time I used to imagine a world in which I was married to Agnetha Faltskog). Seeing this beauty brought all the memories back, and the links to Abba only made them the sweeter. A lovely bass, which i could justify the fee!

Good luck with the sale.

PS talking of Agnetha, I was in a pub a few years back with a very good and very drunk friend, and we were reminiscing about childhood. The conversation went something along the lines

My mate: "Who were you most obsessed with when you were a kid"
Me: "The blonde one out of Abba"
My mate: "What, Benny....?"

Makes me laugh every time, but perhaps you had to be there!

Had the 'budget' Hagstrom HB-4, but it felt and played a million miles from a 'budget' bass. Regret selling the wee beauty. I can only imagine how this stunner plays. I only got £200 ;) but I'd consider selling the car for this... :yarr:
GLWTS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...