Why become a member? ×

AC/DC @ Wembley

grumpyguts

Been a fan of this lot since 1980, not seen them live till last night.

Had a great time and was very happy to be there, was a good show - but it pains me to say there was a tinge of disappointment.

A killer riff, lewd lyrics, Angus solo and the essential tight rhythm section groove are the essence of the band. Due to the size of the venue some key elements get lost in the mix - in particular the groove. Should have seen them years ago somewhere a lot smaller.

Also got the feeling we were getting a product rather than music.

If they do another tour I will still want to go.

Much disappointment in this household. Tickets bought by a friend of a friend months ago. A car booked to take us door to door. Had a phone call yesterday morning telling us that the tickets that had been bought did not exist. They had been bought through an agency that vanished the day before. Bummer!

Sorry to hear that Bert;(
My first ' big ' headlining gig I saw, was front row at hammy o ,highway to hell tour. I remember me and my friend bashing angus's leg with the tour programmes.
I grabbed hold of Angus satchel( I was very young), dry ice coming out of it..then a roadie punched me in the face . I almost delayed Angus being carried around the venue on the roadies back.
Saw them a couple of times after that; fly on the wall tour Wembley arena. Boring. You could see a cannon and a bell. Them days Wembley arena was grubby. Sound awful etc. saw them at donington . Metallica should've headlined , but insisted av/doc did . A DVD came out , but we thought they were rubbish.

I think that,they should've stopped playing a few years ago tbh. Angus 's bum must be very wrinkly .

That is very disappointing. I don't know how these agencies work. I got mine through Get Me In, but ended up with different seats to those I had paid for. Apparently "my" seats were no longer available. Also why do the tickets go on sale on a weekday morning? Most people are at work and can't get away non work activities.

don't buy the tickets, simple, I wouldn't go and see any band in a massive venue or festival for that matter, seen AC/DC a couple of times in the past once with Bon and once with Brian, have to say Brian's screeching vocals put me off going again, I did see a superb tribute a few years ago, enjoyed it immensely small venue and they had a Bon and a Brian and cannons, brilliant

Edited by PaulWarning

Guest bassman7755

I bought tickets for this gig on Get Me In. TBH I was a bit skeptical and warned the missus that they might turn up so not to be too dissapointed if we didnt end up going ... but they did turn up exactly as advertised.

Buying tickets from Get Me In just supports this legalised touting system. The only way these so called agencies work is if the people use them.
If we want to see an end to paying over the odds ticket prices then the only way to do so is by stop using these tout sites and not supporting them.

I didn't want to buy from an agency - but when I was in a position to spend time looking for tickets (at lunch on the release day) all I could find were from agencies.

How does this work - where do the agents get tickets from?

Back to the gig. Is the sound better on the pitch at these stadium shows?

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1436092862' post='2814817']
Sorry to hear that Bert;(
My first ' big ' headlining gig I saw, was front row at hammy o ,highway to hell tour. I remember me and my friend bashing angus's leg with the tour programmes.
I grabbed hold of Angus satchel( I was very young), dry ice coming out of it..then a roadie punched me in the face . I almost delayed Angus being carried around the venue on the roadies back.
Saw them a couple of times after that; fly on the wall tour Wembley arena. Boring. You could see a cannon and a bell. Them days Wembley arena was grubby. Sound awful etc. saw them at donington . Metallica should've headlined , but insisted av/doc did . A DVD came out , but we thought they were rubbish.

I think that,they should've stopped playing a few years ago tbh. Angus 's bum must be very wrinkly .[/quote]
Saw them for the first time on the tour before (If You Want Blood) at Coventry Theatre in 1978. Still have the programme and ticket stub somewhere (I used to stick the tickets into the programmes) and witnessed all from the front row. Still one of the best gig memories I have. Probably at their peak for me (possibly into Highway to Hell).

[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1436096628' post='2814866']
don't buy the tickets, simple, I wouldn't go and see any band in a massive venue or festival for that matter, seen AC/DC a couple of times in the past once with Bon and once with Brian, [b]have to say Brian's screeching vocals put me off going again[/b], I did see a superb tribute a few years ago, enjoyed it immensely small venue and they had a Bon and a Brian and cannons, brilliant[/quote]
Have to agree with you. Saw them twice with Bon Scott (If You Want Blood and Highway to Hell tours) and once with Brian Johnson (Back in Black tour). For me, they were never the same after Bon died.

Nothing against Brian Johnson but AC/DC with him is not my cup of tea at all..

It works mainly by Ticketmaster employees buying tickets in bulk on company provided credit cards. They are then sold on for an inflated price , providing Ticketmaster with over twice the revenue from a single ticket. The fans are the ones who suffer , but will continue to unless people stop using these sites.

[quote name='grumpyguts' timestamp='1436124123' post='2815209']
I didn't want to buy from an agency - but when I was in a position to spend time looking for tickets (at lunch on the release day) all I could find were from agencies.

How does this work - where do the agents get tickets from?

[/quote]
[quote name='skychaserhigh' timestamp='1436126104' post='2815228']
It works mainly by Ticketmaster employees buying tickets in bulk on company provided credit cards. They are then sold on for an inflated price , providing Ticketmaster with over twice the revenue from a single ticket. The fans are the ones who suffer , but will continue to unless people stop using these sites.
[/quote]

Sadly that is the answer in that it is effectively legalised touting.

Disgraceful situation.

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='skychaserhigh' timestamp='1436122387' post='2815184']
Buying tickets from Get Me In just supports this legalised touting system. The only way these so called agencies work is if the people use them.
If we want to see an end to paying over the odds ticket prices then the only way to do so is by stop using these tout sites and not supporting them.
[/quote]

Apparently this concert was sold out within 30 minutes of official release. I guess the core problem is that tickets are sold on release for much less than their true value given the supply/demand ratio with the various resellers pocketing the difference. If they were sold initially using some sort of auction system then at least the original organisers and artists would get the additional profit.

We went to see them at Hampden and I thought it was amazing. It was very loud but it was pretty clear. I first seen them on the back in black tour( I was offered a ticket for the highway to hell tour and turned it down, so I am forever haunted by this) I seen them again on the for those about to rock tour and then again at Donnington. When they took to the stage, I must confess, I had a bit of an emotional moment as they were my first love!

Brilliant! Just a good rock band !

[quote name='bassman7755' timestamp='1436159085' post='2815383']

Apparently this concert was sold out within 30 minutes of official release. I guess the core problem is that tickets are sold on release for much less than their true value given the supply/demand ratio with the various resellers pocketing the difference. If they were sold initially using some sort of auction system then at least the original organisers and artists would get the additional profit.
[/quote]

But I really wonder just how many are "sold" to retail customers as every time recently that I have been trying to get something from Ticketmaster etc I get the "sold out" message but you could try "Get Me In" on the same f*****g webpage and guess who owns Get Me In ?? Yes, right first time !!!

Ticket master seem to work on the principle that if they have 2000 tickets say. 500 go to getmein, 500 go to viagogo and the other 1000 are sold normally. It's legalised touting and is shocking!