Why become a member? ×

Bravewood- order imminent

cameltoe

[quote name='GuyR' timestamp='1437120261' post='2823680']
I ordered a stack-knob jazz in surf green, aged white guard ,matching headstock and one-piece maple neck. Very happy with the result. You won't regret ordering
[/quote]

yes pictures please, or it never happened (you know the rules) :)

[color="#000000"]All very exciting mate, I hope it’s as good as you hope/dream it will be.:)[/color]

[color="#000000"]Saying that I thought that a custom/bespoke builder would do what you want and not what he was jigs for. Am I missing something?[/color]

[quote name='gadgie' timestamp='1437139506' post='2823949']
[color=#000000]All very exciting mate, I hope it’s as good as you hope/dream it will be. :)[/color]

[color=#000000]Saying that I thought that a custom/bespoke builder would do what you want and not what he was jigs for. Am I missing something?[/color]
[/quote]

Primarily Bravewood make replicas of vintage Fender instruments, so i imagine that because Fender didn't offer a 33 inch scale, john doesn't either

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1437141130' post='2823974']

Primarily Bravewood make replicas of vintage Fender instruments, so i imagine that because Fender didn't offer a 33 inch scale, john doesn't either
[/quote]

I didn't even ask as I wasn't sure it was what I even wanted. I've never played a 33" scale, but I do find the first fret a bit of a stretch as we all do, so I dabbled with the thought. But to be honest I've never had a problem with a 34" Fender so it wasn't an issue, just a conversation I was mulling over.

I saw John's jigs and they are vintage accurate, therefore a replication in 33" doesn't exist- hence he can't do it, unless (I presume) he was to just 'guess'. From what I gather from the website and from talking to John his instruments are based on fact, so body shape/contours/pickup spacing/neck profile are all as they would have been in the year they are attempting to replicate.

• 5 months later...

[quote name='therealting' timestamp='1453150932' post='2956941']
So I imagine a five string (with everything else vintage accurate) would be out of the question?
[/quote]

If it was remotely an option from Bravewood I would already own one. It is not an option :(