Why become a member? ×

TO GO: used Rotosound Swing Bass Nickels

EliasMooseblaster

It always seems such a waste to throw out old strings. Unfortunately I can't find any recycling facilities that could reuse the metal, but I'm aware that some people on here are quite happy to use "deadened" rounds, or might be looking for a spare set or two but don't have the readies right now.

I'll need to take a proper inventory of how many sets I've got, but I believe there are at least three or four to go:

[b]Rotosound RS66LN, Swing Bass Nickel-plated Roundwound Strings, .045-.105, for long-scale basses[/b]

They will have been variously cut for Precisions, a Thundebird or an EB-3 (SG style), so if you specify what bass you want them for, I can find a set that's most likely to fit! Happy to post anywhere in the UK.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update: still a few sets of RS66s to go; I believe one will have been cut for a T-bird and the other for a P-bass, but I'll check.

I've also got a set of [b]Rotosound Purples - .012 -.052[/b], cut for an SG-style guitar (i.e., 3+3 headstock). I'll throw in the unused spare top E with these.

Probably going to have an additional set of [b]RS66s[/b] cut for an Epi EB-3 [b](2+2 headstock)[/b] after Monday night if anyone fancies those.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there it is a Antoria ebo copy.I think it had the original strings on from the 70's swapped them out from a setfrom a jazz I had put new strings on any way it broke the low E ,hmm. So I saw your good self giving away some only really need one string im looking at single strings about a fiver on ebay which are shorty strings so I guess if it was from along scale bass thats why it broke and unravelled itself.