Why become a member? ×

That AWFUL Sky box bass tune

guitarnbass

Does anyone here have sky? On the channel selection screen, there are a number of tunes played repeatedly in the background which have been playing for yonks. One of them is slap bass tune, surely someone here must have heard it? Is it not the most annoyingly awful piece of bass playing you've ever heard? I imagine half of this forum could come up with better. I mean don't get me wrong, all those tunes are bad, but the bass one is especially annoying, am I right?

i always hear people complaining about these tunes. they don't bother me at all, i barelty notice they're even playing. i don't really know which one you're talking about because i just don't pay attention to them, but i'll be listening out for that one in the future now you've said about it.

My mate (non muso) said to me there's a great bit of slap bass playing on sky.... bet you couldn't playe it !

Really annoying that I had to play it for him to shut him up at a bar-b-que a couple of weeks ago !!

Even drunk I made it sound better that it did on the tele !!

[quote name='Marcus' post='272355' date='Aug 29 2008, 10:58 AM']My mate (non muso) said to me there's a great bit of slap bass playing on sky.... bet you couldn't playe it !

Really annoying that I had to play it for him to shut him up at a bar-b-que a couple of weeks ago !!

Even drunk I made it sound better that it did on the tele !![/quote]

did you work it out by ear? or did you search "awful sky song tab" on the internet?

[quote name='4000' post='273686' date='Aug 31 2008, 01:44 PM']Hey, I played on that tune! ..............................................(only joking :) )[/quote]

you say that, but it's quite feasable that one of us actually did!

.... I'm sure I read a post extolling this particular piece of music on here not so long ago :wacko:

I guess it's different things to different people; I bloody hate it though if I'm honest!

[size=1]did anyone hear the Bass playing on "Pappy's Fun Club" - Comedy Lab Special on Channel 4 on Thursday night? [/size] :huh: