Why become a member? ×

fender jazz 74 vintage

afterimage

I've got A '79 Jazz (left handed, obviously) which, in tune with a recent thread has D'Addario black tape wounds on it. Block inlays, edge bound rosewood fretboard - sounds great to me with these strings (and to a lot of other people who tried it, mostly right handers playing it upside down but that's their problem! - at the last SE Bass Bash - if you can find Bluejay's report there's some great photos). Apart from that it's standard, although the chrome covers aren't fitted at present but I do have them, and I suggest that apart from trying different strings, leave yours alone!

I've got a 74 Jazz - sounds amazing!....only tweak i'm doing is for a lighter body...the ash weighs too much for regular gigging so got MJT crew in the USA building a period correct body for moi :)

[quote name='Raslee' timestamp='1436467933' post='2818445']
I've got a 74 Jazz - sounds amazing!....only tweak i'm doing is for a lighter body...the ash weighs too much for regular gigging so got MJT crew in the USA building a period correct body for moi :)
[/quote] That's a TWEAK?!?!?!

• 4 weeks later...