Why become a member? ×

WARNING OF CONFIRMED SCAMMERS

In Facebook there is someone who named "James Nunes" and post in bass player market UK an antiqua precision 1976!!!!
He accept my offer for 900€ shipped in Greece with original hardcase and all original on the bass
Also he tried to convince me to pay via western union
See the photos he sent me and make your conclusion

76 stamps on pickups on black pickguard in a antiqua bass
And jazz bass neck pocket 76.....
I believe its a scammer , If not I ll have to delete.my post

[quote name='Bassmachine' timestamp='1462541893' post='3043904']
In Facebook there is someone who named "James Nunes" and post in bass player market UK an antiqua precision 1976!!!!
He accept my offer for 900€ shipped in Greece with original hardcase and all original on the bass
Also he tried to convince me to pay via western union
See the photos he sent me and make your conclusion

76 stamps on pickups on black pickguard in a antiqua bass
And jazz bass neck pocket 76.....
I believe its a scammer , If not I ll have to delete.my post
[/quote]

I would not pay for anything via Western Union. Many scammers use it. I would say no no no. The pictures could be from any website...

Edited by itsmedunc

[quote name='itsmedunc' timestamp='1462542961' post='3043912']

I would not pay for anything via Western Union. Many scammers use it. I would say no no no. The pictures could be from ant website...
[/quote]

The funny was Tha he told " I waste my time with you"
Then I told him " I wasted my time with you" and told me "f#@#off, my guitar is perfect"

[quote name='Bassmachine' timestamp='1462562931' post='3044105']
The funny was Tha he told " I waste my time with you"
Then I told him " I wasted my time with you" and told me "f#@#off, my guitar is perfect"
[/quote]

I think you got your answer there! Sounds like a scam to me. Only ever pay by the way you are happy with. Nobody legitimate would expect you to give them a lot of money without asking questions!

• 4 months later...

SCAMMER ALERT!!!

James Exley, eBay user [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/xly2390?_trksid=p2047675.l2559"]xly2390[/url] is a thief and a liar!

I purchased an RMI Expression 33" scale five string from him. I contacted him a week later as the item had not arrived and he messaged back,

[quote][color=#231F20][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Hey there. Sorry for the lack of contact. [/font][/color]

[color=#231F20][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The bass is on its way. Just started a new job so I've been out of the house most of the time. [/font][/color]

[color=#231F20][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]All the best.[/quote]

The bass has never arrived. I had to open a request on the 8th September as his communication was pathetic, and I'm now going to have to file a dispute to get my money back. On viewing his feedback, I can see he has previous for this; amongst other items he's sold that have never reached their buyers, he'd already sold this bass to someone and then not shipped it!![/font][/color]

[color=#231F20][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Avoid this guy like the plague. Or, if you live in Guildford, pay him a visit for me...[/font][/color]

[url="https://www.facebook.com/xly90"]https://www.facebook.com/xly90[/url]

[color=#231F20][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][color=#231F20][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131905531703?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT"]eBay - RMI Basses 5 String Expression Bass Guitar[/url][/font][/color][/font][/color]

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I got my money back but he's since pulled it on someone else!!

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=xly2390&myworld=true&items=25&iid=-1&de=off&which=negative&interval=365

This guy's name is James Exley, he's from Guildford and he plays drums in a band called Lost In Venice (https://www.facebook.com/LostInVeniceUK). DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS GUY!!!!

And if you happen to live in Guildford, and you run across him, do us all a favour and kick the living s**t out of him, eh? Cheers!

• 1 year later...

Hello folks - be cautious of eBay user tullythecat

I sold my Epiphone Embassy Pro around 10:15am today and received an instant message giving their 'zip' with a London address.  I looked at the confirmed Paypal address and it was a mashup of a London and Aberdeen address (the London address inserted into the middle), so I asked for a contact number that I could provide to the courier.  At 1:38pm, I received a mail fro Paypal informing me of a reversal as the payment was 'unauthorised'.  Believing this to be a scam email, I logged into Paypal to check and found that a reversal had indeed taken place at the buyer's request due to being 'unauthorised'.

As I wasn't shipping the bass until I was satisfied I was dealing with a genuine buyer, I issued a refund as per the resolution centre.  I contacted the buyer via eBay to ask if the purchase had been a mistake (in the instance their eBay account hadn't been hacked) and have received no further communication since this morning's mail.

As I have my bass still, no harm done other than time wasted, but a warning of caution for anyone from whom this eBay user makes a purchase - could be a hacked account.

• 1 month later...
  • ped unpinned this topic