Why become a member? ×

A book for your birthday or Christmas list...

The Admiral

I've not read it, but it comes highly recommended by an American friend of mine. Well written, candid, and with some excellent interviews with top players. Forward by Sting :

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tom-semioli/bassist-michael-visceglia-reveals-a-view-from-the-side_b_7633230.html

Edited by The Admiral

• 1 month later...

Bought this on the above recommendation and have since read it - it's a decent read, with an excellent interview with Lee Sklar as the stand out piece for me (he comes across as really open and honest and sounds like a really top bloke..).

I'm trying not to hoard things these days so am happy to post it out to anyone interested so they could then read it and maybe it forward to it on to someone else etc etc..

Mo Foster's "17 Watts (how British musicians bought the American Dream)" which has some great anecdotes about the early days of rock music in the UK, and Guy Pratt's book, "My bass and other animals" which is just a hoot from start to finish...