Why become a member? ×

Smooth Hound Innovations Digital Wireless Guitar System

Dood

Hi folks!

Any ideas for a micro sized power distribution for my pedal board to include supplies that are isolated for the SmoothHound? Mooer Micro Power comes up on Google - anyone tried one? Or something better?

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1494779323' post='3298470']
Hi folks!

Any ideas for a micro sized power distribution for my pedal board to include supplies that are isolated for the SmoothHound? Mooer Micro Power comes up on Google - anyone tried one? Or something better?
[/quote]the harley benton Junior from thomann is the kiddy has five isolated outputs and is about thirty notes I have been using mine for about four years and it hasn't missed a beat

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1494784506' post='3298514']
the harley benton Junior from thomann is the kiddy has five isolated outputs and is about thirty notes I have been using mine for about four years and it hasn't missed a beat
[/quote]
[quote name='Jack' timestamp='1494787801' post='3298551']
I use the HB Junior too, you need to use the current addition cable though to provide 240mA (the Smoothhound needs 250mA).
[/quote]

Thanks guys! I'd spotted HB J in the thread in previous pages and I think that will be ok in the absence of a smaller offering - What I am looking for is something like the Mooer as I am building a small board. A 'gig bag fly rig' type of thing. If I can't do it with a micro pedal size distro then this is ace, but if I can... I enjoy a challenge :)

I have to say, I've just read through this entire 11 page thread and now have serious GAS for a Smooth Hound system! I'm not even gigging at the moment but I don't care - if nothing else it will neaten up the cables from off my bedroom floor :lol:

[quote name='CameronJ' timestamp='1494955789' post='3299965']
I have to say, I've just read through this entire 11 page thread and now have serious GAS for a Smooth Hound system! I'm not even gigging at the moment but I don't care - if nothing else it will neaten up the cables from off my bedroom floor :lol:
[/quote]

You won't be disappointed :)

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/305393-time-for-a-new-wireless-system/

Just ordered one as my G30 is getting a bit flaky! Not gigging for a month or so as had a major op but will give it a good home testing before I head into weekend warrior land again!! Sounds like it's the business! I'll run it with its own power supply as my only pedals are a spectracomp that sits on my amp and a B1on that's on the floor by my mic stand and they both run separate supplies so shouldn't have any issues there. A few people mention the battery cover looks flimsy, has anyone had any problems? The G30 has a horrible cover and I have to cable tie it every time I change batteries!! I'm hoping the suction tape will stick to my Status (satin finish)?

Apologies if this has been posted before but I found this video and thought it may be of use to those wondering about the performance of the Smooth Hound. It's with guitar but you get the idea!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x355f1s

Edited by CameronJ

*sigh*

I have the Smooth Hound website permanently open in a tab on my iPad and I keep hovering over the buy button. I'm literally looking for reasons not to buy one but seem to be failing miserably. It's only a matter of time before I give in to temptation :D

[quote name='CameronJ' timestamp='1495568250' post='3304969']
*sigh*

I have the Smooth Hound website permanently open in a tab on my iPad and I keep hovering over the buy button. I'm literally looking for reasons not to buy one but seem to be failing miserably. It's only a matter of time before I give in to temptation :D
[/quote]

Do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it!!!

Oh did I say...................DO IT!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I had to purchase a new component for the power supply last week and I (once again) received superb service from Smoothhound. Please, do not hesitate to put your money and your confidence in a great product made by great people.

Was it a third party power supply or the one provided?

On another note, I've just taken the plunge and placed my order for a Smooth Hound system and the recommended 1/4" female adapter. Can't wait!

Also just placed an order with The GigRig for one of their Timelord adapters so I can isolate the Smooth Hound and provide it with enough current. I initially ordered their Isolator as it has 4 outputs which would have been handy, but sadly they only put out around 150mA of power apiece and the Hound needs more than that. Rang them up to explain my error and the guy I spoke to was very helpful. They've simply adjusted the order on their end and will be sending my Timelord out for delivery shortly.

Edited by CameronJ

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1496658122' post='3312957']
What was the problem?
[/quote]

None, I'd just misplaced the little slide thing that clips into the actual power supply and allows it to fit a UK socket.

UPDATE

I've had a couple of days to play with my Smooth Hound system and so far I'm loving it. A couple of red bars are lit up to indicate a bit of interference since I have a WiFi booster unit about 12 feet away from the my pedalboard. Not had any dropouts though - connection has remained strong and stable (so to speak. Ha.)

One thing I did notice was that playing through my Phil Jones Bighead it seemed like I had a very faint high pitched whine when running the Smooth Hound through my fx chain and into the input. It was powered with the standard power supply, separate from the daisy chain powering my pedals. There didn't seem to be any hum when running through my practice monitor speaker though so it could just as easily have been the Bighead or something in my fx chain. I'll do a little troubleshooting later on without any of my other pedals. It was only just noticeable when I wasn't playing anything so really not a deal breaker at all.

Overall it's a lovely, streamlined system and I'm very happy with it! Oh and I took a few pictures to show the scale of the transmitter and receiver - I was surprised by how small and light they both are. They feel very well built but the receiver in particular weighs almost nothing and the heaviest thing about the transmitter is the batteries.

That's an ordinary iPhone 6, not a 6 Plus.

Edited by CameronJ

Anyone had issues with the construction at all? Mine feel apart last year after about 6 months use and they very quickly rebuilt it but it's coming loose again now so I'm wary of using it. The section where the jack hinges seems to gradually separate and feel loose.
I gig a lot and I'm quite active on stage so wonder if I'm just being too rough or unlucky?

Chris was really helpful the first time it fell apart and 10 months later I don't want to be cheeky. I'm sure it's more a reflection on my use - just curious if I was the only one.
I'll buy a wireless with a body pack rather than a bug to replace it - but I do like the sound and features of the SH.