Why become a member? ×

Favourite TV and Movie themes

ianrendall

3 hours ago, WAYNESWORLD said:

Tv series.   Marina/ from Stingray

Nice little bit of Trivia. Last Wednesday, John Taylor celebrated his 100th Birthday.

John worked on sound and sound design on a lot of those Gerry Anderson Puppet Show Series,

He also owned, along with his wife (who also worked on those TV shows), 'Grosvenor Studios' in the Midlands.

An interesting little read in the link below..

SuperM - John and Jean Taylor (lester.demon.nl)

In the seventies, the BBC broadcast an adaptation of Sartre's The Roads to Freedom, which acquired a cult following in our sixth-form. I can't remember a single thing about the characters or story, but the haunting theme song has never left me; La Route Est Dure, sung by the wonderful Georgia Brown.

Edited by Earbrass
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

While The Munsters leant on a bit of Richard Dale, The Jetsons swang too, likewise Top/Boss Cat:

The work of the great Hoyt Curtin...He was one of Hanna-Barbera's musical directors/composers/arrangers on a lot of their Cartoon/animations (along with Ted Nichols).

Here is a funny short read on one of his sessions with a 'Jug' player.

Hoyt Curtin's Jug band Session (animationmagazine.net)

:D

• Like 2

There was a great B&W movie we all liked in the sixties, I Want to Live, starring Susan Hayward. Soundtrack was by Gerry Mulligan who led a quartet with Chet Baker. Mulligan had a lot to do with the ‘cool’ movement while Miles Davis got most of the credit.

Here’s the theme, Black Nightgown, appropriately intro’d on a bass. Double bass, of course.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I watched a couple of episodes of Police Squad! earlier, and was reminded just what a great piece of music the theme is -- the full length version over the closing credits of Naked Gun 2.5 is particularly good. It swings its áss off.

Edited by Rich