Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic Polytune Clip.

ambient

[quote name='lowhand_mike' timestamp='1439467500' post='2843071']
just received mine so i'll test it tonight

isnt the strobe mode the most accurate though?
[/quote]

Strobe Mode does not work on Bass

If you get a very powerful telescope & read the stupidly minuscule instructions they supply it tells you there.

B

[quote name='Sonic_Groove' timestamp='1439470174' post='2843109']
Strobe Mode does not work on Bass

If you get a very powerful telescope & read the stupidly minuscule instructions they supply it tells you there.

B
[/quote]

hmmm ive checked that, the only mode that doesnt work with bass is the polyphonic as far as i can tell, would seem a bit daft that you can set it to bass mode which has strobe and chromatic modes available but strobe doesnt work, guess i'll find out tonight

[quote name='Sonic_Groove' timestamp='1439475531' post='2843190']
Sorry yes may have been Poly mode! My Bad, As I said the instructions are imposable to read (someone kindly put a PDF on here)

Brendan
[/quote]

[url="http://cdn-downloads.tcelectronic.com/media/5311841/tc-electronic-polytune-clip-manual_english.pdf"]http://cdn-downloads.tcelectronic.com/media/5311841/tc-electronic-polytune-clip-manual_english.pdf[/url]

I really like mine: I like to check the tuning before going on stage and I normally don't leave my bass or stick on stage, had one too many encounters with drunken fools... I used to have a Pandora for that purpose, but the clip is so much more convenient!
I don't leave it on the headstock though, hate the look of clip-n tuners on stage... as soon as I'm on stage I will put ti in my pocket and use the polytune pedal in my pedalboard.
I found the clip also very convenient for practicing intonation on upright bass, I just clip it to the bridge (yes, that does alter the tone very slightly).

[quote name='Sonic_Groove' timestamp='1439476302' post='2843202']
Thanks,

So it says

[font=sans-serif][size=3]"Please note that polyphonic tuning is only available for guitar. If you select Bass Needle Mode or Bass Strobe Mode, polyphonic tuning is dis-abled."[/size][/font]

Sorry
[/quote] no worries, thought i was going mental or there was some instructions even smaller that i hadnt read

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1442871094' post='2870214']
I play more guitar nowadays, and the Mrs just got back into bass playing with a nice Gibson SG short scale bass.

She wants a new tuner so I've suggested this and said I'd put cash in so I can borrow it.

Turns out it's only £25 on Amazon!!!!
[/quote]

Thanks for the Amazon tip, just bought one, £23.97 free delivery !! :)

John

[quote name='lowhand_mike' timestamp='1442931817' post='2870669']
anyone else find its a little sketchy on the E string, all the others tune fine, just it seems to find it hard to lock in on the E, does it eventually mind
[/quote]

Sort of... on my Harley Benton Prog 4 Deko, it sometimes displays B when tuning the E string. I guess it is confusing with either B (fifth above) or B (fourth below). I'm assuming the neck is doing some sort of sympathetic resonance at this pitch, being perfect intervals. Other necks (Fender, Squier) seem OK at least I've not noticed the B problem.
Looking at the signals a bass puts out, it's no surprise it does not handle poly mode. It's a pretty smart algorithm anyway to do what it does!

[quote name='pfretrock' timestamp='1442932913' post='2870681']
Sort of... on my Harley Benton Prog 4 Deko, it sometimes displays B when tuning the E string. I guess it is confusing with either B (fifth above) or B (fourth below). I'm assuming the neck is doing some sort of sympathetic resonance at this pitch, being perfect intervals. Other necks (Fender, Squier) seem OK at least I've not noticed the B problem.
Looking at the signals a bass puts out, it's no surprise it does not handle poly mode. It's a pretty smart algorithm anyway to do what it does!
[/quote]
yeah thats exactly what i get, displaying B then E, 12 fret harmonics are a bit clearer
yeah the speed it recognises notes is nothing short of amazing, i tracks so fast

[quote name='Dropzone' timestamp='1442934710' post='2870713']
Can anyone confirm if this will do a low A, and also sharps?
[/quote]

Think it was mentioned or confirmed it does low B.
yes, for sharps, it displays a dot to the side of the note name, so fully chromatic.

Edit: just checked the manual, Tuning range specification goes down to A (27.5Hz) Not sure anyone has tried it though!

Edited by pfretrock