Why become a member? ×

Any EBS users here?

ChunkyMunky

Top quality head. Very versatile and you can dial in a huge variety of useable tones. The 'Notch' control can be used to eliminate boom in a room (I never really used it TBH)
Goes to 2 Ohms, well built.
Reputedly better than the HD360
Loud enough.

I didn't find the EQ quite as intuitive as, say the Shuttle that it replaced, or the Glockenklang that replaced it, but I'm a bit crap like that. A normal person would figure it out in minutes I'm sure.

There are a number of top pros who could choose any amp they want, but gig the HD350.

Edited by Roland Rock

Love mine, had it since December and now have zero amp GAS.

The EQ stage is very powerful, making it a versatile head, but overall it's a very clear hi-fi sounding amp. first gig I did with it and a Neo 2x12 the guitarist was very complimentary, said something along the lines of "that's the best I've heard you sonce joining the band, I could hear every note you were playing crystal clear"

In the downside, there's no hiding duff notes or poor technique :lol:

Here's a video of me using it last weekend

http://youtu.be/Etaf_j14NeI

The HD350 was the first EBS amp I owned. I used it for 7yrs before moving onto the TD650. You won't be short of versatility! I used mine for all kinds of music styles and it never disappointed. It has plenty of power and is very loud despite being a 350w amp. As already mentioned, it's a very clear sounding amp, but you can warm it up by switching off the character switch and boosting the drive control for a more classic tone. So, when you read comments about EBS amps being one trick ponies is absolute rubbish. The inbuilt compressor is the best I have ever heard in any amp I have used. You can actually use it and it works...very well!

Reliable? Mine never skipped a beat and it travelled more miles than Judith Chalmers! I worked it hard in the 7yrs I had it and never let me down.

The only criticism I have about the amp is that the DI out is pretty hot. It's a common trend for EBS amps and the HD350, TD650 and Reidmar that I have used have always had a hot DI out. I stopped using the amps DI out a while ago and now use a Radial DI box instead as I was getting too many moans and groans from FOH engineers. Read into that as you will, but the quality of the amp supersedes that little nuisance. I still use it though...for my IEM mix (DI post). Sounds awesome!

my HD350 gets a great sound,even with flat eq settings ,goes perfectly with any of my basses,you wont be disappointed.........and it sounds like someone is giving you a cracking deal............

Edited by jhk

Top piece of kit...if you can't find the tone you're after, it probably doesn't exist. Lovely warm tones are easy to eek out these heads - Possibly one of the best amps I've ever owned - only sold it because I wanted a Class D for lightness (the EBS isn't particularly heavy) - not necessarily a positive move as the Class D is not an improvement on sound, only on portability.

Some of the early EBS models allow you to run the EBS pedals through the amp without an external power source.

I'd have no hesitation buying another. If it's priced right I'd snap it up.

I've used a HD350 for the past 15 years.

Had a rush of blood a few years ago and sold my original to have a quick fling with a TC head but realised what side my bread was buttered on. Or which way I swung. lol

Got both the HD350 and the Reidmar as a backup/rehearsal amp. The Reidmar is great but the HD350 is such a sweet sounding amp. Articulate, punchy and so transparent. My basses sound so much "more" through it.

Give it a go. Nothing ventured nothing gained. If you don't find it's for you, plenty of takers out there who'll take it off your hands, smartish like.

T