Why become a member? ×

Im confused with payments for selling on Bass Chat. Just want to sell a Tune Bass.

bubinga5

I understand that it's not for everyone, but it does work out in the end for most people. Whilst you pay upfront there's no time limit to sell the item, there's no final fee and you get to sell it within a dedicated and passionate community.

Being a member for the forum and just chatting about basses is just as welcome so it's all cool IMO ;)

ped

[quote name='mrdreadful' timestamp='1434211666' post='2797694']
I've got to admit I have decided against trying to sell something on here because of the fee...
[/quote]

BassChat's fee structure looks very good if you compare it with eBay/PayPal, who will charge you at least 10%, so if you sell a £300 bass it'll cost you £30, plus PayPal's cut on top. And that's for ONE bass. A £20 sub for a year on BassChat allows you to sell as many basses as you like in that year AND amps/FX/ancilliary gear, with no extra costs. AND it's bass-centric too, unlike eBay.

D'oh! Beaten to it by the boss. Thp! :P

Edit: And while nothing and nobody is perfect, it's generally much safer to deal on here than elsewhere.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='mrdreadful' timestamp='1434224609' post='2797827']
And I'd just like to thank ped and discreet for responding to my post constructively, which is more than I can say for the other two. :) I posted my opinion, if I was complaining I would have framed it as such.
[/quote]

Apologies, I should have taken the time to respond in a more positive fashion.