Why become a member? ×

Im confused with payments for selling on Bass Chat. Just want to sell a Tune Bass.

bubinga5

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1434137467' post='2797142']
Im wanting to sell a bass on BC, that is stated as £7.00. but when i come to the final bill with Pay Pal. I'm hit with a £27 bill. WTF.? i just want to sell a Tune Bass.
[/quote]

The best method would have been to PM a Mod or Admin; I've just done this on your behalf, and someone will be along shortly to see what's happened. A little patience, please; meanwhile, here's some soothing music...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE_hm9qKRyc[/media]

([i]Caution : Do not stop on the tracks. [/i] ;) )

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1434148706' post='2797249']
The best method would have been to PM a Mod or Admin; I've just done this on your behalf, and someone will be along shortly to see what's happened. A little patience, please; meanwhile, here's some soothing music...

[/quote]

Really? Seems a legitimate question for those of us who pay to advertise on here, so why not ask?

Edited by simon1964

[quote name='simon1964' timestamp='1434158642' post='2797290']
Really? Seems a legitimate question for those of us who pay to advertise on here, so why not ask?
[/quote]

Possibly because 98.7% of members and 83% of the mods don't have a f**king [i]clue[/i] how to work the payment system when it goes wonko.

Only a tiny cabal of uber-mods have been vouchsafed the dark secret of ungumming the works; it is no light matter to arrange an audience with these celestial beings, a process which Dad3353 has set in train.

Doubtless all will be well come sun-up. :)

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1434159951' post='2797292']
Possibly because 98.7% of members and 83% of the mods don't have a f**king [i]clue[/i] how to work the payment system when it goes wonko.

Only a tiny cabal of uber-mods have been vouchsafed the dark secret of ungumming the works; it is no light matter to arrange an audience with these celestial beings, a process which Dad3353 has set in train.

Doubtless all will be well come sun-up. :)
[/quote]
If you are involved in the running of an organisation worth £29k perhaps you should have a clue :) :

[url="http://companycheck.co.uk/company/OC376336/CHAT-PARTNERSHIP-LLP"]http://companycheck....PARTNERSHIP-LLP[/url]

Edited by simon1964

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1434148706' post='2797249']

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE_hm9qKRyc[/media]

([i]Caution : Do not stop on the tracks. [/i] ;) )
[/quote]thats just great.!! :o

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1434175316' post='2797310']
I seem to remember that I had a problem or other when I paid my first 20. I simply PMed one of the Mods and it was soon fixed.

It may take a day but no worries. All will be okay
[/quote]

Here speaks a sensible man. This is of course, the way to do it :)

[quote name='simon1964' timestamp='1434160488' post='2797293']
If you are involved in the running of an organisation worth £29k perhaps you should have a clue :) :

[url="http://companycheck.co.uk/company/OC376336/CHAT-PARTNERSHIP-LLP"]http://companycheck....PARTNERSHIP-LLP[/url]
[/quote]

Well using the esteemed Mr Skank's figures,17% of the mods do know what to do.

Therefore a pm to one of them and Roberta is your Aunty.....sorted. ;)

Hi chaps

This is what's happened - you've probably gone back a page during the listing/paying process and as such both 'items' have been added to your basket.

You need to start all over again, probably clear your cookies too.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any problems

ped

[quote name='Raymondo' timestamp='1434182385' post='2797346']
Well using the esteemed Mr Skank's figures,17% of the mods do know what to do.

Therefore a pm to one of them and Roberta is your Aunty.....sorted. ;)
[/quote]

Thank God one of the 17% has been along and got this sorted :D

Life can now return to normal.

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1434187864' post='2797399']
Hi chaps

This is what's happened - you've probably gone back a page during the listing/paying process and as such both 'items' have been added to your basket.

ped
[/quote]Seems the same every time i try and pay Ped. £27 is going to be charged to my Visa.

[quote name='simon1964' timestamp='1434160488' post='2797293']
[/quote]

By your logic I should get the best Vodaphone signal in the universe, after all according to that site their net worth is £53,722,031,000. Added to that, I live 8 miles from their head office in Newbury, so you'd think the signal would be gold plated on top. However the reality is it couldn't be worse if they tried. It's worse than nothing at all, as half the time I'm on a promise that something might happen as I sit half way up a tree watching the little round thing go round and round.

These companies are by enlarge run by human beings with their imperfections and electronic systems with theirs, regardless of worth. The proof of the pudding is the attitude from the owners and the speed and manner in which issues are fixed.

While I'm on, National Grid's net worth is £6,648,000,000. I'm not even on mains gas...I'm only 8 miles from Reading!
I have to buy Calor gas bottles. Their net worth is £77,000,000 and me bloody bottles are still empty!

No problem :)

I tend to deal with several payment problems a week and I always sort people out almost immediately. Because it happens largely by email/PM, people don't see how busy I am with my A* customer service :)

Oh and it's been like that since day 1, no matter how much the company is 'worth' - even though we're not the 'Chat Partnership' any more.

Cheers
ped

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1434151002' post='2797256']
You post some good stuff man, but why wouldn't you just email the mods about this rather than start a thread. I just don't get it,
[/quote]

Why not?
If something was not clear to him about the process, I'm pretty sure he would not be the only person to benefit from the answer.
Emailing the mods would solve his problem. As a thread, it could help others too. Don't you think?

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1434187864' post='2797399']
Hi chaps

ped
[/quote]

like this :)

I've got to admit I have decided against trying to sell something on here because of the fee and finding out the set up is busted makes me less likely to consider it in future. I understand why the fee is requested, but if I don't sell the thing I'm trying to sell I actually lose money, and if I do sell it I'm still effectively £7 down.