Why become a member? ×

How do you do?

MoonBassAlpha

After lurking for a bit, I decided to join up. Hello.

I currently play bass, mainly fretless in an acoustic (apart from the bass!) duo/trio, in Oxford playing vaguely psych/ pop/ folk.
Been alternating on bass and g***** for around 30 years.

my gear:
U.S. Masters EP42 in (oiled) Lacewood. Stunning Birdseye neck, Pao Ferro board. Early s.n. B61 (1997?), now has a new Masters fretless neck (black lines on Pao Ferro)

U.S. Masters EP42, maple trans. blue, Birdseye maple 'board, B101

2x Hohner Jack Bass in natural, 1 defretted.

Trace Elliot 300W 1x15 combo

Roland Bass cube 30 for small stuff

Cheers
Jules

Anyone else out there play U.S. Masters? There's not a lot about over here, it seems.

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' post='270635' date='Aug 26 2008, 11:02 PM']Anyone else out there play U.S. Masters? There's not a lot about over here, it seems.[/quote]
I thought for a minute there, you'd confused us with "GolfChat". :)

Actually, that's a scary thought. A forum where people talk about golf and golf alone. :huh:

Welcome along!

[attachment=12698:U.S_Masters_EP42_1.JPG][attachment=12699:U.S_Masters_EP42_2.JPG][attachment=12700:
U.S_Mast...42_Blue1.JPG][attachment=12701:U.S_Mast...42_Blue2.JPG]

As promised Merton!
I've not done this before so I hope it comes out ok.
I forgot to mention they're quite light too, the lacewood is 7.5 lbs the blue (maple) 8.5 lbs. What do you think?

MBA

[quote name='Merton' post='271873' date='Aug 28 2008, 04:19 PM']Nice![/quote]
Thanks! There's a lot of nice shiny stuff on their website: www.usmasters.com/

I must admit, I had never heard of them either. I went to a guys house to check out a Lightwave bass he was selling, wasn't too mad about that but saw this in his rack and was knocked out by it, made an offer and got it the next week. Got the blue one a few weeks later off the same bloke. These were the "low end" of his collection, including Pedullas, Zon, Skjolds etc!

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' post='273578' date='Aug 31 2008, 10:51 AM']Thanks! There's a lot of nice shiny stuff on their website: www.usmasters.com/

I must admit, I had never heard of them either. I went to a guys house to check out a Lightwave bass he was selling, wasn't too mad about that but saw this in his rack and was knocked out by it, made an offer and got it the next week. Got the blue one a few weeks later off the same bloke. These were the "low end" of his collection, including Pedullas, Zon, Skjolds etc![/quote]

Some interesting looking stuff in their bass section - look at the control options on this one: