Why become a member? ×

Volume pedal recommendations

burno70

Probably looking toward the lower end of the scale < £75. Mostly for swells. Would prefer something with no tone suck. I've seen some described as high/low impedance and assume this is for active/passive basses - is that right?

Any recommendations?

ta.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1433728533' post='2793439']
I have a Dunlop volume X, it's well made, and works great. It doesn't seem to affect my sound at all.
[/quote]

Do you use active or passive basses with it - and does it make a difference?

[quote name='burno70' timestamp='1433797509' post='2794129']
Do you use active or passive basses with it - and does it make a difference?
[/quote]

It has a John East pre fitted, but I don't always have it switched on. It doesn't seem to make any difference.

:)

I had the same question, and found two favourites: Visual Sound's Visual Volume and Ernie Ball MVP. I ended up with the EB, due to its smaller footprint on the pedalboard. Both are active, so you can use any bass, active or passive, with these pedals. Here is a test setup before I fastened all the cablage:
[IMG]http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd169/bassmayhem/20150604_203708_zpsvkwgaenc.jpg[/IMG]

I've got one of these passive fender ones I havent used for ages...

Last time I tried it it was a little crackly but it probably just needs the contacts cleaning or something.

I've no use for it and no intention of going back to lugging a pedalboard around so you can have it if you want?

PM me your address and I'll pop in in the post.

• 2 weeks later...

I a/b'ed the active and passive EB volume pedals. Tried with both an active and passive bass, and effects in front, and just bass -> volume -> amp. There was asbolutely no difference.

The passive EB volume pedal has a switch inside, which allows to change the swell to something more linear (default is more logarithmic), hence why I prefer it.