Why become a member? ×

NBD - Maruszczyk Jake PJ... Fender / Sandberg / Lakland killer?

wateroftyne

Had a quick look a round the website and the thing that stands out of the paint work.
The sunburst looks well above the pay grade which is why I would be very interested to
see one in the flesh.
I think I'd rather have a Am del J5 second hand but this is making me think very hard..plus, of course,
I haven't found the Fender for the same price and it make be impossible to do so, anyway.

Obviously a U.K distributor would add a sizeable markup..?

Some dealers outside of the UK are popping up, but to be honest, bar having a few basses to try out, the custom process is still buying blind, even through a dealer, which as you mention, would add a mark up.
There's been several very happy customers on here, there's bound to be someone near you who might be willing to let you check their bass out?
If you ordered something and weren't happy with it, as long as you hadn't gone mental with the custom options, I don't think you'd struggle to move it on in the classifieds...

Eude

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1444654985' post='2884787']
Some dealers outside of the UK are popping up, but to be honest, bar having a few basses to try out, the custom process is still buying blind, even through a dealer, which as you mention, would add a mark up.
There's been several very happy customers on here, there's bound to be someone near you who might be willing to let you check their bass out?
If you ordered something and weren't happy with it, as long as you hadn't gone mental with the custom options, I don't think you'd struggle to move it on in the classifieds...

Eude
[/quote]

Yes, maybe. but I know how hard I can be to please in this regard so just seeing one in the flesh
is something I'll try and do..at some point.

I've been talking about a Sei commision for 2 years or so now..
Other options are a S/H AC if the right model shows up...or
a bitza from a quality maker like Sims who will scan everything...
or this maker.
I'm sure he does good work..but I ruled out Lakland so all I really need to
do is view a bass and reconcile ..

It doesn't matter so much about the price as long I think I will pay it.

Will double my efforts to go and view one....