Why become a member? ×

Ain't Nobody's Business If I Do

Mykesbass

There are so many versions of this around that is difficult to pick any of them as the definitive one.

We've played it a few times, but not for a while. We tend to change things around in most songs we play, so added guitar and harp solos. Good song, must remind the band to play it again.

Edited by FinnDave

[quote name='FinnDave' timestamp='1433326684' post='2790075']
There are so many versions of this around that is difficult to pick any of them as the definitive one.

We've played it a few times, but not for a while. We tend to change things around in most songs we play, so added guitar and harp solos. Good song, must remind the band to play it again.
[/quote]

Yes, from Bessie Smith to Freddie King! Driving me nuts though as I can hear it going up to the IV for a bridge or middle 8 but can't find a version that does that. Oh well, in the best tradition of the song, perhaps we should put one in!

[quote name='Bloodaxe' timestamp='1433357851' post='2790467']
Just queued up versions by Freddie King (3), Sam Cooke, Bobby Bland & Jimmy Witherspoon (2) & they all just cycle through the verse structure.

Similar tunes that **do** have a bridge are 'Need Your Love So Bad' and 'Jumping at Shadows'
[/quote]

Just my imagination getting the better of me! We rehearsed it last night and put some extra chord changes in under the guitar solos, worked really nicely.