Why become a member? ×

Finger Bow - anyone seen these?

A friend showed me a link to these, a miniature bow which can be strapped to the ring finger for quick changes between arco and pizz. Obviously, it's never going to replace a full size bow, but I'm kind of intrigued by the idea. It looks like it would be a fun thing to experiment with, and could lead to some unconventional parts.
[url="http://expandinghandsmusic.com/ehm1_005.htm"]http://expandinghandsmusic.com/ehm1_005.htm[/url]

Interesting idea!
However, as the others have said,
I would think it will move about when it's not in use
and may get in the way when you're playing pizz

.... Of course, I've not seen one in use,
so I could be totally wrong there :)
If it did work well, this is something I could be tempted with

All the pictures on the website show it being used with an electric guitar/bass, not a DB. I've emailed them and asked if they have any videos of it in use (can't find anything on youtube)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thinking the 1st of April myself at those pictures , but isn't there an "e-bow" which has been out for decades and seems more practical if you want to go along those lines , otherwise stick to the conventional D,B , bow ..

Edited by THE-NIG

[quote name='THE-NIG' timestamp='1438838821' post='2837794']
Thinking the 1st of April myself at those pictures , but isn't there an "e-bow" which has been out for decades and seems more practical if you want to go along those lines , otherwise stick to the conventional D,B , bow ..
[/quote]

Sure, it's not meant to replace a conventional bow and I think I was quite clear about that when I started this thread. But there are situations where this could be an interesting tool. I was at a free improv gig a while ago where the bassist was using an assortment of implements including drumsticks on the bass. In that sort of context, this doesn't seem all that crazy an idea.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...