Why become a member? ×

So gear sharing a cab.

Fisheth

[quote name='landwomble' timestamp='1432829394' post='2785413']
With all due respect, all the bass rig is doing is providing you with on stage monitoring, the tone is going to be coming out of FoH PA.
[/quote]

This is why, irrespective of what amps/cabs I use, I always take my Tonehammer DI with me - that way irrespective of what I hear on stage, the audience get what I want them to hear.

[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1432829726' post='2785417']
I think if you can communicate prior and agree things with confidence then thats great.

We did one last year where both I and the band we where supporting brought almost the exact same mark bass rig, in the end we just set mine up, but he would have happily shared also, seems silly we both dragged the gear there.
[/quote]

put both on stage and run in stereo! ;)

[quote name='landwomble' timestamp='1432829394' post='2785413']
The corollary of this is if you insist on playing through your kit - I think you have to allow everyone else to play through it too.
[/quote]

I would venture to add "...or make your gear so sensibly sized and easy to manage that it sits in front or on top of what may already be there, takes no more than 5 minutes to set up and pack away, and just needs one XLR to the desk." That's my position on multi-band nights and I've never had any issues from sound guys.

[quote name='Ed_S' timestamp='1432886635' post='2785823']
I would venture to add "...or make your gear so sensibly sized and easy to manage that it sits in front or on top of what may already be there, takes no more than 5 minutes to set up and pack away, and just needs one XLR to the desk." That's my position on multi-band nights and I've never had any issues from sound guys.
[/quote]

This.
Works for me and never had a single complaint. I'm ready before the drummer is! (but that's not difficult, eh? :lol:)
People playing at a certain level can probably be guaranteed to get something decent... Not us (SBK). So if I bring mine I know I'll be able to get a decent sound, not just our there, but for me! I need to be able to hear myself if I'm going to enjoy this... and I have to enjoy it, otherwise what's the point? We certainly don't make enough to quit our day jobs ;)

I once played at an outdoor "festival" and the bass amp was... a 30W Gorilla practice amp. Yup. No monitors either. I propped the tiny box on some wooden boxes so it was close to ear level, but even then... I could hear nothing. It sounded alright on the front! No problem there! But I'd have enjoyed it more if I had my own much more capable little amp. We're not talking about everyone bringing their own 8x10 monsters here.

[quote name='jonnythenotes' timestamp='1432752848' post='2784674']
Just turn up with your gear in the car....check out what's on stage, and make a decision on what to use there and then. If you are not happy with what's already provided, go to plan B...your gear in the back of the car....

[/quote]
This is the answer!

Edited by oldmanrock