Why become a member? ×

1975 Fender Precision with Maple Jazz width neck ~
£1750

David Nimrod

[attachment=192715:_DSF4727.jpg][attachment=192716:_DSF4785.jpg][attachment=192717:_DSF4796.jpg][attachment=192718:_DSF4805.jpg][attachment=192721:_DSF4738.jpg]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ok, I bought this on here, a good few years ago... someone may even recognise it....[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sadly, it's time to sell it on to a better player than me.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Right, this is what I know:[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It's a 1975 Precision, in 3 Color Sunburst.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It has a Jazz nut width neck (signed 'Herb G'), with a brass nut, and a Maple 'board.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The scratch plate is definitely not original (it should be black).[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I'm not sure about the Pots; I'm pretty sure the p'up is original.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Includes a V[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]intage (but non Fender) hard case[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The serial number on the neck plate is 642584.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If you're around Nottingham, come and play it![/font][/color]

Edited by David Nimrod

[quote name='David Nimrod' timestamp='1432494426' post='2782055']
Btw, it's been a LONG time since I've been on here, or really paid any attention to 'the market'...

So constructive criticism re. the Price, would certainly be welcome <_<
[/quote]

Looks like a great players bass with tons of Mojo and some cool features.

Weight would be good. As would pictures of the pickup and pots as you're unsure. More pics, more buyer comfort.

Price wise, forum prices and dealer prices differ most of the time. Vintage prices can differ wildly especially, as can 'players' vintage price as it's subjective to the seller and buyer.

This might help you think a little deeper.. http://basschat.co.uk/topic/258055-1975-fender-precision-bass-sold-pending/page__p__2722395__hl__1975%20precision__fromsearch__1#entry2722395

I won't comment on price, purely because I'm not selling it and I'm not in need of it.

Good luck with the sale, sure someone will love it.

[quote name='David Nimrod' timestamp='1432495881' post='2782081']
Interesting points... I can see me revising the Price, downwards... :)
[/quote]

For fairness and balance, it looks like that was priced well for a quick sell.

For example, others just like that one have sold on here for a few hundred quid more, just took a little, or not so little, longer to sell.

The A neck will be a nice factor in the price.

Edit. an A neck is a Jazz Bass nut width neck.

Edited by Chiliwailer

You need to upload them to somewhere like Photobucket then copy the image to your post. No need for photo envy - it's free.

Any chance of the pot codes - either a pic or just note them. Should start 137 most likely followed by 4 numbers.

[quote name='David Nimrod' timestamp='1433016744' post='2787152']

C'mon, somebody try an Offer on me!
[/quote]

Yeah, c'mon somebody, drop the man an offer!!! :)

Those pot codes are the wrong ones to date it, but if I'm not mistaken I can see 7504, maybe another 7 and the bit before obscured? So, therefore could be CTS and from 4th week of 75. Either way, it's not a big deal on a players bass is it? Shots of the underside of the pickup would be much more useful though.

Obviously looks like a well used bass, the red in the sunburst has faded nicely so it's had a ton of exposure that matches the natural relicing. This could make a great players bass for someone who likes the feel of a well worn bass that has some 70's mojo.

Any idea of the weight David?

Edited by Chiliwailer

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful bass! I know you said you're looking for a straight sale but if you change your mind and fancy a trade for a Fender Custom Shop 1964 Jazz Bass (Dakota red, matching headstock etc etc) then drop me a PM!

• 7 months later...