Why become a member? ×

Musicman Stingray 1983 (Pre Ernie Ball) For Sale...SOLD
£900

DiceSociety

[b]Musicman Stingray 1983 (Pre Ernie Ball) - For sale[/b]

[b]Price:£900.00*[/b]
[b]* Or make me an offer![/b]

This is a great bass which I've for approximately 18 years, having bought it second hand from Music Exchange in Birmingham. The reason for sale is, apart from needing the cash, it just isn't been used since I bought a Jazz bass a couple of years ago. This bass sounds great so it's a shame for it not to be used.

Being over 30 years old, and used a lot, it has acquired a number of dings and scuffs (or Mojo as we like to say on BC), but nothing that affects playability. I've tried to show these on the pics, but if you need some more, please give me shout. This has been ultra reliable, and is a quality bass, and when not being used has always been kept in a quality Hiscox hard case which is included in the sale.

Musicman Stingray (1983)
Body: Ash
Neck: Maple
2 BGand EQ
4 bolt on neck
Finish: Natural
Hiscox hard case

The neck is fantastic, straight and fits snugly in the neck pocket, as you would hope.

I'll be honest, the bass is unfortunately missing the battery cover which was accidentally thrown out by an over zealous ex-girlfriend (ultimately I suppose it's my own fault for temporarily removing it).

Any questions, please let me know. I'll also try and get some more pics up shortly.

Collection always good (Shrewsbury), otherwise I can arrange a courier.

Anyway, feel free to make me an offer!

Many thanks for reading.

Oooof, great price!
I'll leave the Stingray experts to ask any questions regarding providence, however looks lovely and a YOB bass for me, although I'll be resisting this time :)

Good luck
Si

[quote name='bigthumb' timestamp='1432059002' post='2777718']
What a stunner! You must have bought this at around the same time that I bought my first Stingray from Musical Exchanges. Great shop and happy days! :)
[/quote]

Absolutely, great shop. I had always wanted one without really knowing a lot about them. Have been very happy with it and it has always served me proud for both live and studio work. When you say 'first' stingray, how many have you had??

[quote name='DiceSociety' timestamp='1432059383' post='2777729']
Absolutely, great shop. I had always wanted one without really knowing a lot about them. Have been very happy with it and it has always served me proud for both live and studio work. When you say 'first' stingray, how many have you had??
[/quote]

About 10 I think over the years. I'd say good luck with the sale but I seriously doubt you'd need it.