Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fender Japan 57 reissue
£600

darren

For sale is my fender Japan 57 reissue - made around 2004-2006. The bass has an Alder body and maple neck and is fitted with fender vintage 58 pickups, a kiogon wiring kit replete with cts pots and a switchcraft jack, and la Bella fl760 flatwound strings. The new electrics and strings were fitted by Steve, The Manchester Guitar Tech, less than a year ago. Steve set the bass up as well so it not only sounds the bomb but it plays really nicely too. I have the original parts that will of course be part of the sale.
I've heard people talk about that "fender precision thump" sound but until I got this bass back from Steve I didn't really know what that sound was. Now I do.
Anyhow, This thread should be made sticky as a warning against GAS. £600 firm or trade for a Yamaha BB1024, ideally in vintage white. The fender is in very good condition so trade bass would have to be in good condition also. There are 2 or 3 very minor marks to the lacquer on the top of the headstock and one on the body (can't remember where). I'll try to capture these in a photo. Bass comes with tweed hard case. Local pickup only at the moment. Based in Manchester.

Edited by darren

[quote name='Len_derby' timestamp='1431891304' post='2776007']
This beauty used to be my bass but the neck profile didn't suit me.
Deal with Darren in confidence, he's one of the good guys.
[/quote]

Thanks Neil - hope all is well!

Hi Byo, the weight is comfortable but we don't have and scales in the house so I can't give you a number I'm afraid. I could take it to a friends to weigh though. In my world it's medium weight in that my MIA precision is slightly heavier and my Yamaha BB424 feels a tad lighter. Not very helpful I know. The nut is 47mm end to end and the radius feels quite flat to me. In terms of fret wear, there isn't any. The bass is in very good condition.
BW,
Darren

Just arrived home with the above bass.It's glorious and has been lovingly kept.

The description is spot on and the little nicks in the finish are practically invisible.Darren is one of the good guys,deal with him with the utmost confidence and peace of mind.

Many thanks Darren.