Why become a member? ×

Help!

pst62

Hi people, I've been perusing the Thomann site and the Matt Freeman Precision in Black and also the Classic Vibe, also in Black with the Block inlays are talking to me. The trouble is I'm struggling with the decision of which to go for.
I've heard good stuff about the Freeman, but I'm liking the look of the CV with the block inlays.
Just wondering has anyone tried either or both?, if so, is one any better than the other?
I've not seen any independent reviews about the Black CV, is it as good as the earlier run of CV's?
Local music stores (Taunton and Exeter) have neither in stock, so I can't go and try them out.
Any insight is much appreciated.

Edited by pst62

Cheers for replying Fisheth,
I've had Squier's in the past (A JV Precision in the 80's and Precision Special in 2006)
I think I'm gonna go with the Classic Vibe, and hope that the build quality is as good as their earlier CV models.

[quote name='pst62' timestamp='1431795069' post='2775100']
Cheers for replying Fisheth,
I've had Squier's in the past (A JV Precision in the 80's and Precision Special in 2006)
I think I'm gonna go with the Classic Vibe, and hope that the build quality is as good as their earlier CV models.
[/quote]

I got a couple of Squier's from Thomman quite recently, really good stuff. I use Thomman exclusively for almost everything new. They're customer support is brilliant also.

Remember [font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]Thomman do a 30 day no quibble returns service sadly its only free inside germany , BUT if you dont get on with the CV you can return it , for probably around 10-15 quid that makes the risk substantially less.[/color][/font]

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1431854683' post='2775506']
[url="https://www.random.org/coins/"][b]https://www.random.org/coins/[/b][/url]

hope this helps :)
[/quote]

lol

Going for the CV via Thomann :)
Cheers for the replies lads.

Nice! I've toyed with the idea of getting the Matt Freeman a few times, partly because I've listened to/loved Rancid for years, partly because it's the most authentic-looking 70's Precision you can pick up without dropping a couple of grand! The CV is VERY similar in terms of components based on the specs on Squier's site, so I'm sure you'll get on brilliantly with it.

I look forward to seeing pics!!