Why become a member? ×

Is this a cool EQ or what? I dunno...

EBS_freak

http://www.rolls.com/productImage.php?pid=RPQ160b

I've been using digital mixing desks for some times and one of this things that I really love about them is the uber powerful EQ shaping thats built into them. Cut and boost, frequency and Q for typically 4 bands with LPF and HPF. So, I actually set about looking for a digital pedal that maybe somebody has implemented that achieves what the digital desks do.

I didn't find one.

I know there are loads of channel strips and the like about... but this relatively cheap effort from Rolls, seems to be incredibly flexible on the tone shaping front.

Anybody ever used one with their bass?

I've not used this unit but if you can find one of the now discontinued Alesis DEQ rack EQ units I think you'll be impressed. I use the half rack version that I think is known as the 224 but there's also a full rack version with RTAS on board too. They are programmeable allowing you to save separate curves for left and right channels. Mine is a 24 band. The full rack versions I think have MIDI implementation too. Oh and they are dirt cheap secondhand which is a good thing.

Sony used to make the SRP-E300 - I use these for monitors..

30 band graphic EQ
4 band fully parametric
Delay on outs
Digi (AES) and Analogue in
Recallable patches

All in a convenient 1U rack device.

Each one has two channels so if you ran one into the other you'd get 8 bands of parametric and 60 of graphic..

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1431727496' post='2774506']
I know there are loads of channel strips and the like about... but this relatively cheap effort from Rolls, seems to be incredibly flexible on the tone shaping front.

Anybody ever used one with their bass?
[/quote]

Not the Rolls unit, but I've used similar analog parametric EQs from Ashly, Symetrix, Rane, DBX, and Orban, for starters. In most cases they've tended to work best with a dedicated preamp in front of them. I also have used my Rane RPM26z, which is digital and IIRC can do up to 150 bands of fully parametric EQ.

Edited by Passinwind