Why become a member? ×

Maple neck with blocks,pickups,plate and electrics from J and D "Jazz"...NOW SOLD.
£50

Hi folks,

Upfor sale here is the maple neck,plate and electrics from my recently purchased surf green J and D "Jazz" bass.
I originally bought the bass entirely with the purpose of modding,so there's parts have barely seen any use.
The maple neck is of good quality-the fret ends have been professionally filed,and it plays nice.The Jazz pickups have a decent output,and everything works as it should electrically.
Want to sell them as a job lot if poss.No probs with posting,as long as we can work something out...:-)

Thanks for looking.

NOW SOLD THANKS

Edited by slapmonsta

What's the neck [i]profile [/i]like? I've heard that these Jand D Jazz necks are pretty chunky.

That said I have a J and D PB (aside from the slightly 'wrong' PB shape, a damned nice player) and the maple is so hard it's handled a fair bit of sanding down to a shallower profile.

Hi

Apologies for the late replies...

I make the heel width 65mm.

With regards to the profile-I'd agree that it's certainly wider than a jazz bass...or at least any jazz I've ever played or owned...certainly closer to a "p."
All saying,it's a nice neck...certainly wouldn't have any issues with gigging it if I had too.

Cheers

Steve.

Hmmm, tempting! I love the neck on my J&D Jazz.
I'm trying to cut down, otherwise I'd snap this up. The pickups are nice too! I bought mine thinking I'd change a few things and... I didn't. All it needed was a bit of work setting it up, things like sharp fret ends etc.

Agree,they're ridiculously good value.The stock bass is totally giggable if you don't mind spending a bit of time setting it up,and the alder body alone is worth the asking price imho.

All sold now fellas,thanks to all for the interest.

Steve.

Edited by slapmonsta