Why become a member? ×

Status Energy 6 String Fretless [SOLD]

Crosshash

I've regrettably come to the decision to sell my beloved fretless bass in order to gain more funds for University.

This is a Status Energy 6 String Fretless bass with Active pickups and a Walnut body as far as I'm aware.

It's currently equipped with Status Graphite Flatwound strings and personally, I do prefer the sound of roundwounds on it.

It is in very good condition with a couple of very small dings on the edge (i actually had to attempt to find these, they didn't turn up in the pictures so I'll have to try again with a better camera later).

Here's some pictures:

If you want more pictures, just ask :)

I understand if my post count is too low to be selling things. I was registered as Phalanx (if I remember correctly) when this website was bassworld and not basschat.

The bass will come with a hard case and I'm looking for £350 + postage.

It will be advertised on other boards.

Thanks

Edited by Crosshash

[quote name='Johngh' post='268587' date='Aug 23 2008, 08:04 PM']I might be wrong, but I think that the bass is an Eclipse, not an energy. I had a fretted version. Good price though, good luck with the sale[/quote]

Is that so? I was always under the impression it was an Energy (ignoring the fact that when I bought it, it was advertised as one) because it looks very similar to other Energy basses (the tone, volume and pickup controls are in the same shaped layout for example).

Very interesting.

Just looking around, my bass looks identical to the Status Energy in this picture (apart from having 6 strings and being fretless):

Edited by Crosshash

a local bass player I knew played a wooden necked Eclipse 4 string like the blueburst in the link below back in the mid-late 90s.

[url="http://statii.com/status_cats/catalogues/1/page3.jpg"]http://statii.com/status_cats/catalogues/1/page3.jpg[/url]

Ah yes! Definitely a Status Energy! I had one exactly the same!

I wondered for a moment if this *was* the Status 6 I used to own! Would be interesting to find out where it ended up!

[quote name='dood' post='269206' date='Aug 24 2008, 11:47 PM']Ah yes! Definitely a Status Energy! I had one exactly the same!

I wondered for a moment if this *was* the Status 6 I used to own! Would be interesting to find out where it ended up![/quote]

It is yours actually. I was trying to remember who the original owner was.

The Dood is definately him :)

Ahhh ! That's fantastic! A great sounding bass, I know! - and going for an absolute song too!

Sorry to see you have to sell her for Uni fundage.

Al the best

Dood.

[edit] Ah! Phalanx! Yes! my memory has been suitably jogged now!

• 9 months later...

Hi, can you put me in touch with the guy who bought this?
I'm after one.
Cheers, Mike

[quote name='Crosshash' post='268387' date='Aug 23 2008, 11:33 AM']I've regrettably come to the decision to sell my beloved fretless bass in order to gain more funds for University.

This is a Status Energy 6 String Fretless bass with Active pickups and a Walnut body as far as I'm aware.

It's currently equipped with Status Graphite Flatwound strings and personally, I do prefer the sound of roundwounds on it.

It is in very good condition with a couple of very small dings on the edge (i actually had to attempt to find these, they didn't turn up in the pictures so I'll have to try again with a better camera later).

Here's some pictures:

If you want more pictures, just ask :)

I understand if my post count is too low to be selling things. I was registered as Phalanx (if I remember correctly) when this website was bassworld and not basschat.

The bass will come with a hard case and I'm looking for £350 + postage.

It will be advertised on other boards.

Thanks[/quote]

[quote name='isbass' post='500427' date='May 28 2009, 11:38 PM']Hi, can you put me in touch with the guy who bought this?
I'm after one.
Cheers, Mike[/quote]

I'll have to ask "why" before I share someone's details (not even sure if I'm allowed).

So

Why?

:)