Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Gen 3 cab covers.

cliffyspliff

Hi all
Does anyone have any pictures or comment on the quality of the official Barefaced cab covers?
I've just ordered a BB2 and was wondering on the quality ... As they ain't cheap at £75 .... Roqsoild go for about half that money so are they twice as good?

Many thanks

Yes mate, I have one.
They come from Roqsolid and are excellent quality, fits like a glove, well worth the money to protect your cab, I even got the Barefaced logo printed on mine.

Lloyd

+1 on Roqsolid.

I bought mine direct -[url="http://www.amplifiercoversonline.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=107_136"] http://www.amplifier...x&cPath=107_136[/url]

The website looks a little bit out of date, but go through it and you can customize with handle location, seam colour, amount of padding, pockets, logo, straps/flaps...

I have one with foam padding and it worked out at £53.30 incl tax/p&p. They are made to order - website says 10-day turnaround, but mine was sent out after three days.

Would want to see it as the whole point of Roqsolid is that they are functional and cheap.
That doesn't put them in the same league as offerings by Aguilar or Berg, for example.
but then those might be £70 plus £'s..
If you could see them, and more importantly feel how padded they are, you could
make a decision.

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1431254154' post='2769178']
Would want to see it as the whole point of Roqsolid is that they are functional and cheap.
That doesn't put them in the same league as offerings by Aguilar or Berg, for example.
but then those might be £70 plus £'s..
If you could see them, and more importantly feel how padded they are, you could
make a decision.
[/quote]

I have the standard one for my MarkBass CMD121P combo. It's very well made, but I'd go for the padded version next time. It adds about £5 more only, for 5mm padding. That doesn't look as substantial as my TKS ones, but I'm sure it would do the job well. Total cost for a BB2 type cover would be just under £55, if I calculated it well. You may add pockets for cables etc but that adds more.

For me the point of these covers is to protect it from the elements when moving it etc. They're being transported by myself, exclusively. No cover offers enough protection against a heavy PA amp being dropped onto the cab etc, it's flight case territory then.