Why become a member? ×

Worst band name

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1430999314' post='2766704']
Guess I'm just too old, but Scouting for girls really irritates me. It sounds too jimmy saville/ Rolf Harris
[/quote]

Really??? I agree it's a bit of a fey, even slightly camp name but I think it's a bit of a stretch to make that association.

Now Tight Fit on the other hand...

I thought Scouting For Girls was a play on Baden-Powell's 'Scouting For Boys' book title? It is a dreadfully naff name, admittedly.
I swear as much as the next docker, but I detest band names with profanity in them (that Anal C bunch being a a prime example). Trying faaar too hard to be controversial. "Look at us, we're being rude! *snigger*". Oh, grow up.

[b]I haven't heard any of their stuff. [/b]Guess I'm just too old, but Scouting for girls really irritates me. It sounds too jimmy saville/ Rolf Harris . Repulsive .
Are there any band names you hate , regardless of whether you like them or not?
[/quote]

You are a very fortunate man. Trust me, if you think the band name's bad, the music is utterly contemptible.

Throbbing Gristle and Die Toten Hosen (or in English: The Dead Trousers) are but two that come to mind. One of my father's bands also figures: The Gut Bucket. They were all surgeons but never the less, not, IMHO a good band name.

[quote name='Dazed' timestamp='1431006128' post='2766823']
An old mate was in Shy Talk many years ago.

Go on say it faster :lol:
[/quote]

The "Shy" part led to me think of another bad band name: Kajagoogoo. Sounds like an unfortunate incident involving a trouser zipper.

I used to knock around with these guys (if you look closely on the credits on the album, I am mentioned as 'the other Rob Palmer); they toured with Magnum and had Grant Nicholas from Feeder as lead vocalist for a period, They have reformed and are about to play some Prog festivals etc. Some ok material and I don't like to be disloyal but the name....?

[quote name='Number6' timestamp='1431006875' post='2766833']
The Men They Couldn't Hang has always bugged me big time 😡
[/quote]

I love them! ............Well, I used to love them!

I haven't heard any of their stuff. Guess I'm just too old, but Scouting for girls really irritates me. It sounds too jimmy saville/ Rolf Harris . Repulsive .

[/quote]

Trust me, they are as bad as the name suggests!