Why become a member? ×

Fretted and fretless Ibanez Soundgears - PRICE DROP
£250

trtzbass

Hello everyone.

Up for sale two of my favourite basses: A fretted SR500 and a (I believe) 1992 fretless SR1000. After I bought my new instruments, they are not getting any loving and it's just a shame.

[url="http://jordanbrown.bandcamp.com/track/alan-parsons-undercover-mission-to-africa"]You can hear both basses in action here[/url]

and

[url="http://imgur.com/a/gPvr7"]You can see them guys here[/url]

So, without further ado:

FRETTED SR500 MIK [s]250£[/s] 230£

This guy and I have some great memories together. I bought it at Sam Ash in NYC, 2011. Spent three hours in there, comparing it to its twin brothers and anything else in its price range and slightly upwards (think Fender and mid price Spectors) and it won me over because of tone quality and sustain. It is a made in Korea model, meaning greater build quality than the new Chinese models. Bartolini pups and onboard pre. It shone in a couple of NYC recording sessions.
We then went on a European tour with Aussie folk rockers The Wishing Well - it delivered consistent tone and stability for the whole five months of tour.
Finish is in good shape (no usual thumb discoloration on the body) apart from some very light scratches on the back and a nick on the side, as portrayed in the pictures.
It really breaks my heart to see it go, but I can't just watch it sitting there gathering dust. I would love it to go to a loving home.

FRETLESS SR1000 MIJ [s]300£[/s] 250£

Bought this a year ago from a guy on Gumtree. For some reason the letter R of SDgR is missing from the headstock.
This is a MIJ fretless conversion of an early '90s instrument. I believe the natural flame maple finish was part of a limited run (don't quote me on that, I think I read it on the net somewhere). It looks great onstage BTW. The electronics have been upgraded to a set of Tesla pick ups and an onboard Aguilar OBP - 2. Mwah for days! It's currently being used in Davy 'O List's (of The Nice fame) live band and recordings.

Of course you are more than welcome to come and try them out, I live in Streatham, SW London.
Have a great day

Edited by trtzbass

• 3 months later...