Why become a member? ×

Dartford Social Club

Happy Jack

5 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

Excellent! Presumably not rockabilly?

Correct! Not rockabilly! :lol:

It's my wife's 40th - I've hired the hall and put together a little band especially for the evening to play some of her favourite songs. I had forgotten all about this thread and stumbled upon it when I was Googling parking at the venue.

• Like 1

On 07/05/2015 at 07:09, Happy Jack said:

What's it like? As a venue, I mean.

Big and famous, long queues outside, clean toilets?

Or an old dive teetering on the brink of extinction?

No idea about that one, but can i ask you what the Ivy Leaf in Cove is like? We are playing there soon and i see you are also playing there next year.

Very nice club, clean & well-kept, friendly people. Can't say what they're like as an audience since I've not played there yet ... the reason I play so few clubs is because of the sense of entitlement that sometimes faces you, a crew of regulars who effectively 'own the place', sitting there glaring at you and daring you to try to entertain them. :lol:

Access is slightly a nuisance since the club is right at the end of a sort of mini-bypass where they've turned several local streets into a one-way system. Parking is OK but a bit cramped. Can't comment on the load-in yet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

Very nice club, clean & well-kept, friendly people. Can't say what they're like as an audience since I've not played there yet ... the reason I play so few clubs is because of the sense of entitlement that sometimes faces you, a crew of regulars who effectively 'own the place', sitting there glaring at you and daring you to try to entertain them. :lol:

Access is slightly a nuisance since the club is right at the end of a sort of mini-bypass where they've turned several local streets into a one-way system. Parking is OK but a bit cramped. Can't comment on the load-in yet.

Thanks for the heads up. Ill let the driver know about the road situation.

When we got the band back together we agreed we wont be playing the clubs, but they seem the easiest to get for us (via agents i had before). Still, we haven't been to Cove before so im optimistic.

Totally agree about the audiences at most of these. The ones that sit at the front moan you are too loud, the ones at the back cant hear us. Unfortunately it seems the 'moaners' are the veteran members who more or less call the shots, have had 'their seat' since WW2 and wont move because, well see previous comment lol. Our drummer isnt the most delicate player, but it looks like the room can take us.