Why become a member? ×

Alembic - show us your pics

marcus bell

Just now, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I’ve seen a 4, an 8 and a fretless. Don’t think I’ve seen a 5’er.

Nor have I.  I'm sure someone must have ordered one sometime though.  Same with the Dragon's claw that Warwick ripped off for John Entwistle's Buzzard. Still  I'm very happy with the ones I have :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@jazzyvee hey I'm thinking of swapping my MK balance K for 3 position q switch, now I have signature with 2 position, I think you said on forum that you did that, right? Can you give me some pointers on how would it sound, I have old series 1, but I know that it won't sound as Series el.

On 20/12/2019 at 01:17, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Well, it arrived last night (personal delivery no less) and the seller and I had a quick brew, plugged it in, checked it over and he was on his way.

Unfortunately, I also had to go straight out to a retirement doo and have only just returned.

I'll take some photo's in whatever light tomorrow presents me with. Promise.

How are you getting on with your Spyder?

Edited by jazzyvee

On 04/03/2020 at 05:35, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Oh, I never did take those photos. Sorry.

Yes, all good thanks. I was thinking about taking it to rehearsal tonight, but transporting it is a bit of a pain. The hard case it comes in is huge and really heavy and I don’t have a soft case that fits. I’m not sure there is even a soft case that would fit it.

I’m not surprised. I couldn’t fit my Triple O in several cars.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks BritBass2 for posting the images and documentation - what an incredible instrument - entirely unique, and to me, extraordinarily beautiful.  It looks like you have a second non-script silver logo too - a lovely piece of jewellery.

Great to see Ron's thinking and working-out here.  I'm not sure if you've posted this on the Alembic Club site but I suspect that many members on there would be absolutely delighted to see this.  It's an extremely rare and unusual bass.  

• Like 1

I have a feeling that bass has show up sometime back on the alembic web site and if my memory serves me right is one of the rare few non series II basses wth CVQ and alembic are not interested in repeating that again on a non series bass. But it would be good for it to reappear there with some more info on it.

1 hour ago, jazzyvee said:

I have a feeling that bass has show up sometime back on the alembic web site and if my memory serves me right is one of the rare few non series II basses wth CVQ and alembic are not interested in repeating that again on a non series bass. But it would be good for it to reappear there with some more info on it.

And even better, hear what it sounds like!

On 03/03/2020 at 10:12, gorandelac said:

@jazzyvee hey I'm thinking of swapping my MK balance K for 3 position q switch, now I have signature with 2 position, I think you said on forum that you did that, right? Can you give me some pointers on how would it sound, I have old series 1, but I know that it won't sound as Series el.

Sorry I didn't get back to you but I see you are selling this bass now.  I have recently sorted out the next step to change my bass from signature to Anniversary electronics which will give me the same layout as a series I bass with two volume controls, pickup selector switch and mono stereo switch too.  That will get me to the same flexibility of a series bass but not the same sound because the series has true single coil pickups instead of hum cancelling pickups that the signature basses have. All the best with the sale.  

Maybe you could try doing that with your bass, it may make it a better fit for you and worth keeping?

Edited by jazzyvee