Why become a member? ×

Alembic - show us your pics

marcus bell

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I know what it is but I don't want to throw a Spyder into the works and be accused of being a Spoiler or Rogue by adding my Signature to a Series one rumour that may in fact be actually an Epic bass that will Excel on stage and become the Essence of his collection. Mark King my words, all I can say is that since we are almost Brexit it's not an Europa..... Stanley!!! 🙂🤣

Edited by jazzyvee
  • Haha 3

On 10/10/2019 at 15:19, jacko said:

Me and Mica Wickersham at the workshop in 2012.  And a shot of the workshop where our babies are born.

mica.jpg

workshop.jpg

2012 was the same year I visited Alembic HQ to collect my bass. It's a fascinating place and a pleasure to see how the make their basses and meet some of the people who make them.

On 16/12/2019 at 01:11, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Well, looks like I’m back in the Alembic fold after quite a long absence.
It should be with me sometime on Thursday hopefully.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this one!

While we wait, I thought it might be worth posting this.  I picked up the bass recently after more than a decade of waiting.  It has been gigged around the world but is in staggering condition - at least 9.5.  I wanted to restore it to 10 and this was the first stage - re-plating the gold (24k hard plate - work undertaken by one of the most extraordinary bespoke platers on the planet).  The eagle-eyed will notice that there's a slight change from the original.  The stabilising bars were inadvertently plated with the rest of the bridge components - the plater offered to remove this but I opted to leave it - I rather like the effect.  The next step is to buff everything back to a glass-like finish (there are one or two patches where there's a little dulling), then a re-shoot for the board - all organised and I'll update as work is completed

IMG_2885.jpeg

Edited by three
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I'll take some photo's in whatever light tomorrow presents me with. Promise.

Yes please!  Absolutely outrageous - I love these.  I've not had the chance to play one but this looks to be in stunning condition.  Is it Sig or Anniversary electronics?  Three purple heart stringers?  Lovely - great to see a view of this from the side to marvel at the body lams.   Love the cone peghead too - very much in keeping with the overall aesthetic.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Well, the weather is predictably rubbish today, so no outside shots I'm afraid.

This bass is 10 years old, but is in mint condition as it's been a Case Queen for all of its life.

I'm sure it's not to everyone's liking, but I've wanted one for many years and have always stopped short of ordering one from new, so this is the next best thing.

In fact, it's 99.9% the same thing as it's the exact spec I would have ordered i.e. elongated cone pegged, side LED's only and non-continuous back plates.

The fit and finish on this is exactly what you would expect from an Alembic. As is the weight, but let's not talk about that because it actually balances quite beautifully.

Let's just say that in it's case (see photo's for comparison to a normal case) it weighs just under 42lbs 😎!

IMG_8676.jpeg

Simply stunning mate and truly different. Welcome to the club!

• Thanks 1