Why become a member? ×

Alembic - show us your pics

marcus bell

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='jazzyvee' timestamp='1386604991' post='2302050']
Yes Clarky you have a beauty there. How is the weight of it working for you?

Jazzyvee
[/quote]
It weighs 9.8 pounds which is at the upper end of what I can cope with but is fine. Funnily enough I have no balance or on-strap issues with it, although a number of people had warned about this. A very wide Minotaur strap probably makes all the difference here

Hey Steve, here is the ebay ad from Oz which has a bunch more pics [url="http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ALEMBIC-stanley-clarke-BROWN-BASS-/161154387667?pt=AU_Audio_CDs&hash=item25858cced3&nma=true&si=jWd8vO2G52qqA2h5wWXmPz6Yt6E%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557#ht_82wt_1399"]http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ALEMBIC-stanley-clarke-BROWN-BASS-/161154387667?pt=AU_Audio_CDs&hash=item25858cced3&nma=true&si=jWd8vO2G52qqA2h5wWXmPz6Yt6E%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557#ht_82wt_1399[/url]

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1389039498' post='2329225']
Lovely looking bass, Clarky.

Just checked the exchange rates - £2456.89 seems very reasonable - P&P must have been a killer though...
[/quote]
All-in it was just over £3k to me, which I was happy with (the cheapest one I had been offered until that point was £4.5k and Station Music in Germany occasionally has them in for £6k+)!

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1386606158' post='2302071']
It weighs 9.8 pounds which is at the upper end of what I can cope with but is fine. Funnily enough I have no balance or on-strap issues with it, although a number of people had warned about this. A very wide Minotaur strap probably makes all the difference here
[/quote]
My shorty has some neck dive but after a while adjusting posture and the position of the bass becomes natural so I hardly notice it. I also like the wide Minotaur and leathercraft straps. I was recently listening to some of the tracks from your band. If you ever get gigs up near the midlands area let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='jacko' timestamp='1391360688' post='2356177']
Surprised I've not posted on this thread up to now. Here's my babies having some fun in the garden...[attachment=153942:basses.jpg]
[/quote]

I'm surprised too Jacko, is 2014 gonna be the year you call Mica to spec out a custom Series bass?
I don't think that year is gonna come for me anytime soon unless a good lottery win comes my way.

Jazzyvee

I think it would take more than a lottery win V. I have 2 weddings to pay for in the next couple of years and I'm going to be needing a new car soon too so another instrument is not on the radar for a long time although I would like to fit in another trip to the States and especially the workshop sometime. Our extended family are some of the nicest people I've had the pleasure to meet. Mica was incredibly nice even though she knew I was only there to have a look round and pick up your blue box. Can't think of too many companies who'd treat their customers so well :)

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd add some photos of the 83 Spoiler, recently brought back to life by Jon S. it was in a really bad state when I got it (might add some B4/after shots). Sorry - I didn't clean the inside of the case (Alembic) before taking the photos (!):-

• 1 month later...

[quote name='jazzyvee' timestamp='1279839700' post='902601']
Here are some Photo's of my new Alembic Europa/Elan
The build Record/Spec is as follows.
-------------------------
Model Name: Europa
Model Number: ULB5
Completed: 23/01/2009
Scale Length: 34 inches
Fingerboard: Ebony
Inlays: Mother of Pearl Ovals
Machine Heads: Gold Alembic-Gotohs
Top Laminate: Flame Maple
Accent Woods: None
Body Wood: Maple
Back Laminate: None
Neck Woods: Maple & Purpleheart
Finsh: Polyester Gloss with Satin Neck Feel
Electronics: Signature - Master Volume, Pan, Filters x2, Q-Switch x2, Mono Output.

Custom Options: Side LED's in Red with on off toggle switch
Custom Black/Clear Finish
Toggle switch for on/standby
Elan in-line Neck

100% made in the USA

[attachment=54853:EuropaFive_2.jpg]
[attachment=54854:EuropaFive_3.jpg]
[attachment=54855:EuropaFive_4.jpg]
[attachment=54856:EuropaFive_5.jpg]
[attachment=54857:EuropaFive_6.jpg]
[attachment=54858:EuropaFive_7.jpg]
[attachment=54859:EuropaFive_8.jpg]
[attachment=54860:EuropaFive_9.jpg]

With it's wide tonal palette it is going to take a while to find my sound on it.
Fun fun fun.

Jazzyvee
[/quote]
Yesterday I upgraded this bass with new Q-switches so like the series and anniversary basses the Q switches have 3 positions of [font="arial, helvetica"][size="2"][color="#000000"]0/6/9db instead of the standard 0/8db which gives me the option of a more subtle resonance peak at the cut of frequency of the low pass filter plus a slightly higher full on effect. Sounds great at home and [/color][/size][/font][color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica][size=1]I have two gigs over the weekend to try them out.[/size][/font][/color]
[font="arial, helvetica"][size="2"][color="#000000"]Jazzyvee[/color][/size][/font]