Why become a member? ×

Hartke LH500

grumpyguts

A rather rash purchase of the above let somewhat by a cost of £233 from GAK, hope I like it when it arrives..

I actually was looking for a clean and punchy amp so it's not totally unjustified.

Anyone here got any views that may cause me to doubt my wisdom? Not something I tend to need much help with!

I got mine for much the same reason. It sounds really good. The tone stack is weird and takes some getting used to. It's not light.

Overall it seems to be a great workhorse amp. I run a VT bass in front if mine - I prefer the sound to the Markbass F1 I used previously.

Mids on full
Bass at about 8 o'clock
Treble at about 8 o'clock

Thats flat - not everything at noon. Weird but good.
I had one, great gutsy powerfull clean amp......

Edited by Mudpup

[quote name='Merton' timestamp='1430040168' post='2757260']
I thought bass and treble on 2 (8 o'clock) and mids on full was flat?
[/quote]

Yep. And to boost the mids further you can cut bass and/or treble and raise volume... which is also odd! :)

Edited by Conan

Another user, (bought from Mudpup if I remember correctly?) Great amp, has to be the best out there for that kind of money.
Only downside I suppose is the DI being permanently pre Eq (and effects I think?). That's how I'd use it anyway so that doesn't bother me personally.

• 6 months later...

Just thought I would revive this topic. Just ordered my LH500 from GAK for £225 with free delivery. Should be here before 5:30 Wednesday!

Cant wait to get a hold of it. Heard so many good things about these heads. Been looking for something with a proper clean sound and plenty of punch. Ill be running it through my Ashdown ABM 4x8 and ABM 15.

[quote name='4StringFortress' timestamp='1447663455' post='2909237']
Cant wait to get a hold of it. Heard so many good things about these heads. Been looking for something with a proper clean sound and plenty of punch. Ill be running it through my Ashdown ABM 4x8 and ABM 15.
[/quote]

Frank Bello of Anthrax uses a Hartke LH500 and it sounds fantastic. They're one of the heads of my list to try for sure - if you get the chance I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts once you've had a chance to use it for a few days.

Edited by Naetharu

[quote name='Naetharu' timestamp='1447673617' post='2909359']
Frank Bello of Anthrax uses a Hartke LH500 and it sounds fantastic. They're one of the heads of my list to try for sure - if you get the chance I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts once you've had a chance to use it for a few days.
[/quote]

That was one of the reason why I went for it! I'm a big fan of his and my tone is definitely influenced by him so this should also help!

I cant believe how good value they are as well. How can they afford to make something of such quality so cheap?