Why become a member? ×

Songs you hate to play.

the boy

I'll say that my pet peeve is Go Your Own Way. Not sure whether it is because it is repetitive or I don't feel I do it well enough (by my own standards) or something else. Just glad to finish it each time.

I don't mind Dakota - the challenge I set myself to find different places on the fret board to play E, B, A!

I hate performing Play That Funky Music. Why do so many punters love it so much?.....And yet they would probably run a mile if you played something really good by The Godfather of Soul, Mr James Brown, apart of course from the usual I Feel Good. Having said that, because the punters love it, I have learnt to enjoy playing Play That Funky Music.

Free falling Tom Petty and the heart breakers.... please end now ... before i die of boredom ..

I suggested swapping it to good enough because at least that interesting

Looks of horror from the rest of the group.

Edited by synthaside

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1429955936' post='2756631']
Teenage Kicks - have always loved the song but hated playing it as whatever band it was, we just did it too fast. Many of those punks songs were great because they weren`t rushed, TK being one of them.
[/quote]

Jeezo. Listening to it just now!!!!

[quote name='synthaside' timestamp='1430841297' post='2765084']
Free falling Tom Petty and the heart breakers.... please end now ... before i die of boredom ..

I suggested swapping it to good enough because at least that interesting

Looks of horror from the rest of the group.
[/quote]

Petty's another of those artists that despite having a healthy back catalog of really giggable songs you tend to hear just one or two done by nearly every band that approaches his stuff. I'd quite like to have a go at American Girl some time but I doubt the others would be up for it.

I used to [s]hate[/s] not look forward to playing "Blackout' by the Scorpions, 'cos it's just an E most of the way through to solos, so I livened it up by sticking in some two-handed tapping. It's still one of my least favourite tracks to play, but it's a lot more fun now.