Why become a member? ×

Fender American Standard Precision 2008, 3 Tone Sunburst - SOLD
£650

Hank Scorpio

Fender American Standard Precision 2008 - £650

3 Tone Sunburst, lightweight tuners, high mass bridge.

This bass has had a pickup swap - I never much liked the original pickup, so replaced it with a Seymour Duncan SPB-2 Hot. I will include the original pickup.

The bass is in very good condition, plays excellent and is very comfortable. There's a headstock ding, a small black mark in the first fret position, and a few marks on the underside of the bass - all were there when I bought it, and all are pictured.

These are fantastic basses, with 2008 widely considered to be the year the MIA quality stepped up another level, and the bass has been professionally set up a couple of times since I've had it.

I'd rather not sell, unfortunately I'm in a position where I need to get some money together quickly, and as such a cash sale is preferred. I will consider part exchange for selected items (many Fuzzrocious models, Tronographic Rusty Box, a smaller Pedaltrain such as a Nano or Mini, Hipshot HB7/Ultralite 1/2", potentially an onboard pre-amp).

I'm in Penzance, Cornwall, you are more than welcome to come by and try it if you're close. I'm also happy to post, insured & tracked, with a gig bag for £25. Any questions, please PM me.

Craig

[attachment=190321:2bass.jpg]
[attachment=190322:4headstock.jpg]
[attachment=190326:3back.jpg]
[attachment=190323:tiny mark on neck edge.JPG]
[attachment=190324:tiny end dink.JPG]
[attachment=190325:bottom tiny marks.JPG]

Edited by Hank Scorpio

Boy oh boy, do I need a P-bass back in my life??!! :blink:

Unfortunately, I've just got the little matter of off-loading a couple of fretless 5-ers and/or a Warwick Thumb before I can justify freeing up the requisite readies.

GLWTS, Craig, and if you still have it when I'm in a viable position then I'll be in touch.

Thanks, Scott - it's a lovely bass, I'd be surprised if it hangs around but you never know these days!

For those curious, according to my very vague bathroom scales, it's in the 8.5-9lb range, so standard Fender weight. It feels towards the lighter side of that range to me, may be because the lightweight tuners help it sit very comfortably.

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1429986166' post='2756999']
I would have it like a shot but the weight is killer :(
[/quote]

I can understand if you're looking for a very lightweight instrument, but this is certainly by no means a heavy bass, and not one I'd consider being outside of 'standard Fender weight'. Very well balanced & comfortable bass imo!

Had some interest but still available, would like to sell relatively quickly as need the cash.

[quote name='Hank Scorpio' timestamp='1430145921' post='2758363']
I can understand if you're looking for a very lightweight instrument, but this is certainly by no means a heavy bass, and not one I'd consider being outside of 'standard Fender weight'. Very well balanced & comfortable bass imo!
[/quote]

Agree - these post 2008 Fender Precisions are very well balanced, you hardly notice them when playing, especially with a decent strap.