Why become a member? ×

Francis Dunnery at my house !!

tonybassplayer

As some of you will know the amazing singer, songwriter, fabulous guitarist and all round good guy Francis Dunnery plays a small amount of house concerts around the world every year and tonight when we arrive home from my wife's 50 birthday treat she is going to open a decreasingly smaller series of boxes to discover a letter proclaiming that Francis is going to be here in our lounge playing live for her on the 16th of May !!

Taken two years in the planning and total secrecy and very confident she will be wowed.

Wish me luck !!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, sorry for the late response

Minimum fee is £750 ( lot of money for me personal to pay out but I thought it would be more if I am honest and my wife is suitably stunned )

No booze before or during but ok after.

Francis just needs coffee and water plus we put a buffet on

You choose an album ( we have chosen Tall Blonde Helicopter ) plus he then adds more.

Going to be just 16 of us in our conservatory

Really excited about it.

Can't wait !!!

That's odd. Not sure about that... not that I'm an alcoholic or anything - but if it was my birthday celebration and I wasn't allowed a few drinks before and during a musical performance in my honour.... :blink:

I'm sure there is a reason why this clause exists, but it seems very strange to me! :(

[quote name='tonybassplayer' timestamp='1431332988' post='2769970']
Don't worry we have already had her party and that was a 3am drink orientated bash !!!

This is her present from me.
[/quote]

That's cool - but I was thinking of booking him for my 50th next year...

On this particular short UK visit he is doing a free 30 minute session which my wife is taking advantage of but others can be added if required earlier in the day.

With regard to the musical part of the evening my I initial thoughts when I enquired was that it would be in the £2000 range so I was pleasantly surprised.

Perhaps it's me but this idea of a super-intimate gig does not appeal at all. I want may rock stars on stage with a full production, and at the fraction of the cost. Admittedly not as exclusive but then that's not one of my musical appreciation criteria.

Supposing he breaks your toilet?