Why become a member? ×

Guitars: two pickups but only one set of volume/tone controls

ras52

[url="http://forums.washburn.com/index.php?topic=7797.0"]http://forums.washbu...hp?topic=7797.0[/url]

Have one of these I'm thinking of selling if you'd be interested. Mine has a nicer top though!

Edited by Bigwan

^^^ very nice! I'm something of a G&L-lover (I went for a JB-2 rather than a Jazz). It's a shame there aren't many opportunities to try out their gear on these shores.

Edit: just checked the spec and it's got coil-tapping too.... it's a bit of a box-ticker!

Edited by ras52

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1429731272' post='2754445']
^^^ very nice! I'm something of a G&L-lover (I went for a JB-2 rather than a Jazz). It's a shame there aren't many opportunities to try out their gear on these shores.

Edit: just checked the spec and it's got coil-tapping too.... it's a bit of a box-ticker!
[/quote]

I'm very impressed by mine. The humbucker/single coil option makes it very versatile and the neck's good - plays really well. I bought mine 18 months ago from Thomann and they're now selling them for nearly £100 less than I paid!!!! Like you, I was already a G&L convert (I've got a Tribute L2000) and I really don't think you can go wrong with them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

+1 for telecaster, If it has to be humbuckers, then the '72 thinline's are awesome.
I have a 1980s Fender one, but they recently brought out a Squier VM model for under £400.
As a bass player, there's just something right about Tele's (like a P-Bass) I can't play the shorter scale Gibson's etc. not enough string tension for me :)

[quote name='iiipopes' timestamp='1447945998' post='2911733']
Have you tried a set of "11's" instead of the "standard" "10's"?
[/quote]
Thanks iiipopes Not on a Gibson, But have played a beautiful jazz guitar with flat wound 11s on. It was a Fender too (D'Aquisto)!
Had an ibanez 335 copy with 10s that was OK, but traded it for my Tele and haven't looked back!