Why become a member? ×

fender price hike

christhammer666

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1429468002' post='2751661']
Yep it`s bizarre, the pound gets you much more Euros for your money now than last year, but far less USD in comparison to the same time.
[/quote]

[color=#008080][b][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]MARKET VIEW[/font][/b][/color]

[b]DOLLAR: YUMMY[/b]
[b]£GBP:[color=#ffffff] .. ...[/color]IFFY[/b]
[b]€:[color=#ffffff].......... ..[/color] NASTY[/b]

Nothing bizarre about it, quite straightforwards really. All to do with confidence in the currency and international capital flows. Follow Martin Armstrong's blog if you are interested he has it wrapped up nicely:

http://armstrongeconomics.com/armstrong_economics_blog/

Or just follow Skankdevlar's post above, he is somewhat more succinct :)

I was in a guitar shop in Glasgow last Thursday and noticed that all the Squiers had jumped up in price on the week before. I asked a guy in the shop and he said that it was across the board, Squiers and Mexican Fenders had all gone up and American Fenders had come down slightly. He said this was to do with exchange rates and true enough, the next shop I went in had the same prices, and online too. It's a shame as the J Mascis Jazzmaster I was interested in had jumped from £373 to £425. Same with all the Classic Vibe basses. I would argue though that they are still worth the new asking prices.