Why become a member? ×

Custom 8x15 bass cabinet

bootsy666

Mach 8.5 should see you safely away in time...

[URL=http://s1221.photobucket.com/user/paul_510/media/rocket%20sled_zpsccwmfahp.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd471/paul_510/rocket%20sled_zpsccwmfahp.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Edited by paul_5

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1431172908' post='2768480']

Chalex industrial estate, right by Fishergate Station (over footbridge). It's pretty new, google PA Studio Brighton.
[/quote]
I went round to have a look at it, but it don't look like it was there anymore?

[quote name='hairychris' timestamp='1431519697' post='2772136']

Haha, yep, and why not?

The Underworld has a good PA and very good house engineers - none of this DI nonsense when I played there last year, bass cab was properly miked - but I really wonder whether they'll know what to do with this one. :yarr:
[/quote]
I'll try tma mic, if it causes any issues then I'll just have to DI the back of the amp and mic up my second amp and cab.

[quote name='bootsy666' timestamp='1431728170' post='2774516']

I went round to have a look at it, but it don't look like it was there anymore?
[/quote]
Give Phil a call, they have a couple of quiet nights, so you may have missed them.
01273 422250

I think you'll only need to mic it to get the mid & top across the audience. Should have no probs with the lows.
Your next project could be building a really small cab (like a 1x8") and wire a crossover so that it just gets mids & highs.
You'll have one cool looking stack. :)

Another example of a fine British tradition of building bonkers things which don't follow the rules, and I salute you for it sir.

You've enjoyed the build, it's a fantastic talking point and it sounds great for your style of music. I can't see anyone wanting one for their next wedding gig, although I do like the idea of turning up with this at a posh venue with 'noise issues' (the sort where the drummer has to play gently with rids to avoid the ire of the owners), and seeing the faces of the staff!

May I suggest 'Leviathan' for a name?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the positive feedback and the help. I think it's totaly finished now. I've just fitted larger wheels as it was a little hard to move on the small ones. And I've fitted fold away handles on the underside.
The grill is also finished, except for a badge maybe. I'll see about getting something custom made?

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Bassman Steve' timestamp='1437052774' post='2823176']
I suspect you'd only need to keep an eye on any puddles near your place, they'll ripple when it's being used - even if you don't hear it immediately.
[/quote]

True, and you only need to watch out for the waves coming your way along the coast!!

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...