Why become a member? ×

Custom 8x15 bass cabinet

bootsy666

[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1429900299' post='2756229']
Silicone sealant (neutral cure) is pretty effective at holding a plastic port tube in place if the joint is nice and tight and has plenty of surface area.
[/quote]

Alex has given you the solution to fixing. Abrade the pipe with rough sandpaper to get better keying. With the thickness of plywood you have, you could also additionally fix them in with some small screws from the inside of the pipe into the ply thickness. Hard to explain in words so here is a bad text sketch.

plywood ( <----|| screw screw ||--> ) plywood. Brackets represent port wall aka drainpipe.

Edited by 3below

[quote name='3below' timestamp='1429990910' post='2757045']

Alex has given you the solution to fixing. Abrade the pipe with rough sandpaper to get better keying. With the thickness of plywood you have, you could also additionally fix them in with some small screws from the inside of the pipe into the ply thickness. Hard to explain in words so here is a bad text sketch.

plywood ( <----|| screw screw ||--> ) plywood. Brackets represent port wall aka drainpipe.
[/quote]
Yeah, I was intending on doing that. I cut the holes a mil short so that the pipes had to be knocked in with a rubber mallet, nice and tight with lots of silicone seal.

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1430070856' post='2757718']
I want to see a monster head on top of it looking tiny :D
[/quote]

Gotta be two SVTs side by side... :D

This is utterly mental, and therefore one of the most entertaining things I've read on here in a long time... :)

[quote name='Muzz' timestamp='1430078442' post='2757825']
This is utterly mental, and therefore one of the most entertaining things I've read on here in a long time... :)
[/quote]

Is there a 'thread of the year'? This surely has to be a candidate.

Working at an airport, we get our share of complaints about noise, mostly from the elderly of Shoreham-by-Sea. Bootsy - I think you are going to do us an enormous favour and kill most of them off when this cab gets loose :-) so thank you in advance.

I can imagine this cab being commissioned by the NHS as their new cheap solution to sorting out people with constipation / bowel issues. Just gather all the patients together in a room with about 1000 toilets and crank this baby up (issue the patients with ear defenders to avoid them developing permanent deafness as a side effect to treatment), you'd just need to find the Brown note and HEY PRESTO, no more constipation in Shoreham by Sea!

Looks like it's going to be middle of May before the speakers arrive! I only ordered them from thoman.de because they were the only people who claimed to have all eight in stock, and now they've just told me they only have four in stock until the 5th of May!

[quote name='Lw.' timestamp='1430132620' post='2758183']
Cool project - I'm still struggling to get my head around the size, could we have a pic of a bass leaning against it for some perspective please?
[/quote]
It won't let me upload any photos again? It says I've reached my limit before I've even selected a photo?