Why become a member? ×

TRADED: Ken Smith BSR5M-G (price drop)
£1800

Ghost_Bass

Hi

It's time to part with my beloved Ken Smith BSR5M-G, it's the best bass i've ever owned but more important things come first.

It's a 5-string bolt-on model (not a Burner, it's a real Black Tiger hand made in USA by Ken), currently all original except for the strap buttons ( i use schaller in all my basses but i'll stick the ones it came with before shipping, looks like dunlop ). It plays beautifully with absolutely no problems or issues. The action is set very low because i'm a light player and the sound is the real deal, it's the "Smith sound".

[b][u]Specs:[/u][/b]

[b]NECK:[/b] "3-piece laminated aged hardrock Maple bolt-on. Precision handcarved and fit to exacting specifications. 34" scale, 24 frets, matching headstock."

[b]FINGERBOARD:[/b] "Morado/Pau Ferro with Mother of Pearl side dots."

[b]BODY:[/b] "Black Walnut on the wings with Flamed Maple center block."

[b]FINISH:[/b] "Classic handrubbed Dutch Varnish over Stradivari gold Oil (Ken's secret sauce)."

[b]HARDWARE:[/b] "Gold Smith hardware." - this was an opcional extra!

[b]ELECTRONICS:[/b] "Smith 3-band 5-pot 9V preamp (volume (push-pull for active-passive) / balance / bass / mid / treble ) with Smith Custom Bass Humbucking Pickups)."

[b]WEIGHT:[/b] 4,2Kg

[b][u]Conditon/Repairs/Issues:[/u][/b]

It made lots of gigs in my hands and never missed a beat. Fully working conditon, the neck is straight as a ruller, no fretwear or rust. It's stung with a 5 month old set of D'Addario ProSteels EPS170-5

For full disclosure i feel i have to add just one small detail: when i bought it it had a tiny bit of background noise, this was due to the shielding/grounding on the preamp cavity starting to degrade. It was re-painted with conductive graphite paint and an extra ground wire was added to reinforce the ground form the preamp to the shield. (i'll post pis of this later). This is a very common problem and easilly fixed, from what i could read online, but who better to tell you this than "the man" himself: [url="http://www.smithbassforums.com/showthread.php?t=395"]http://www.smithbass...hread.php?t=395[/url]

Aesthetically it's in great shape for it's age/use, it carries the odd ding on the headstock from a few close encounterers with a cimbal, never been dropped, the chromes are in pretty decent condition but it has a bit of wear on the body, above the neck pickup, from having the hand rubbing that zone. It's a bit descoloured and there's a bit of carving happening just above the pickup (see pics) - If this was an old Fender bass it would make it worth even more money due to mojo :)

[b][u]Price, Trades & Shipping:[/u][/b]

Included in the sale is a Smith Hardcase (pic to be added). The bass is in Portugal and i'll bomb-proof pack it for shipping anywhere in UK/EU. The shipping will have a tracking number and the average delivery time will be a week for most part of Europe/UK.

[color=#ff0000][b]TRADED, THANK YOU![/b][/color]

I'm looking to gather funds so all cash-only offers will have priority. All trade offeres must include cash settlement my way. I'm not looking for anything particular but i'll entertain offers for basses (5-string only!) with maple fretboard or amp heads. Here's what i could be interested in:

[b]Yamaha TRB 5P[/b] - the old model ;)
Fender Jazz American Deluxe V - maple fb
Fender Precision American Deluxe V - maple fb
Sadowsky MV-5 or UV-70 5 - maple fb

Mesa Boogie Fathom/M6/M9 head
Yamaha bass amp heads, the older the better

[b][u]Finally, the pics:[/u][/b]

More info and pictures will be posted as soon as i can. If you need more pictures or close-ups from any area or any other info i may have left out from this post please ask me and i'll get them for you.

Thanks for looking, cheers
Marco

Edited by Ghost_Bass

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...