Why become a member? ×

hypothetical questions.

Lord Sausage

I have a GK MBE 212. I've not used it much. Mainly I've been doing theatre gigs and been DI'd. However, I've just got a band going and one of the band members owns a rehearsal/recording studio. He's a mate so he says I can use his gear for this band. He has an Ampeg head (valve) that needs new valves and an ashdown mag 300 H I think. He also has a Hartke transporter cab (4x10) so at rehearsal I've been using that with the ashdown.

The GK is 2x12, 600w @8 ohm
The hartke 4x10 300w@8ohm
I ain't sure what the ashdown is But what do you reckon will sound louder, the Gk or the Hartke?

Would the Hartke sound louder as it has more speakers or the Gk as you could put more through, but I'm guessing the amp is only 300w.

What would it sound like putting it through a 2x12 and a 4x10 at the same time? how would you stack that?

Anyone any experience of using above combination of speakers( In terms of size)

Just wondering really. This just came into my head now as i was wondering about which cab to use for a gig!

The GK will sound louder as the Hartke Transporter I am pretty certain has a much lower sensitivity and thus will appear quieter on the same volume setting. Which will sound better is for you to decide and of course, you can always push the volume control up to make up the difference.

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1427827917' post='2734827']
The GK will sound louder as the Hartke Transporter I am pretty certain has a much lower sensitivity and thus will appear quieter on the same volume setting. Which will sound better is for you to decide and of course, you can always push the volume control up to make up the difference.
[/quote]Cheers