Why become a member? ×

SOLD Warwick Corvette Hot Rod 5 String 2005 Ltd Edition
£800

thack

Ok......here goes....

With much trepidation I'm putting my beloved Hot Rod up for sale. I'm no longer playing professionally, so cannot justify having 7 basses now {expect to see more for sale soon :( }. This is without a doubt my most prized bass, she only going because she is just collecting dust and should be with someone who has the time to play and love her.

The 2005 Flame Maple Limited Edition Hot Rod No. 155 of 250. Some vandal scribbled on the back of it too!

Comes with a flight case and all the candy. I'm throwing in a locking strap too.

The previous owner fitted Seymour Duncan Basslines to her because he didn't like the MECs. It gives a warmer, jazzy sound. I've still got the originals, but will have to mail them to you at a later date cos they're in a garage in Kent.

This bass has been gigged.......extensively. I'm not one to buy a bass just to polish. I have done my best to keep her in the best nick possible, but there a few things.

- Tiny knick on the back of the neck
- A few dings on the back of the body
- The volume pot switch is a little loose.
- She could do with a new set of strings (included in the user kit) and a setup.

I've tried to show them best I can in the pictures. None of these affect the electrics or playabilty.

My summary of this bass:

- Great Warwick growl and all the low end power you'd expect from one.
- More a jazz or metal beast, not really one for slap merchants
- Hella light 4kg (the case is heavier than the bass!!)
- Chunky neck takes a bit of getting used to, but super comfortable for long sessions.
- But that neck hold tuning like you wouldn't believe and the harmonics.......oh the harmonics!
- Smooth as silk pudding when played gently and a snarling beast when spanked.
- God I'm gunna miss this bass!!

Here's Warwicks specs:

[url="http://www.warwick.de/en/Warwick---Products--Instruments--Made-in-Germany--Limited-Editons--2005----Corvette-Hot-Rod-Ltd.--5-string--Features.html"]http://www.warwick.d...--Features.html[/url]

I'm based in Earlsfield SW London. Can come drop 30 mins in any direction, would rather not post.
Looking for £800 ono. NO TRADES sorry.

This just for you BCers atm, but it will go on sale elsewhere in a week.

That about sums it up. Any q's PM me.

WARNING!!! ---- Whoever should buy this, be prepared to see a grown man weep.

Love y'all

Thack

Edited by thack

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='happynoj' timestamp='1427915053' post='2735885']
Very nice. If I didn't already have one I would be very interested. I wish that my user kit hadn't gone missing though... :(
[/quote]

Email Warwick, their customer service is legendary.

• 2 weeks later...