Why become a member? ×

On your last gig, which number went down the best?

leschirons

[quote name='MarkW' timestamp='1427783359' post='2734085']
And I know Mustang Sally is irredeemably naff, but we do it last and get a load of pissed punters up on stage to sing it. The results can be err... entertaining :D
[/quote]

yeah same, we ask the ladies to come up and its generally a mess but goes down well

Im saying this from the perspective of an acoustic solo gig last night. 'Gold' spandau ballet, night before, acoustic duet, 'gold' again, Previous show, 'Placebo' tribute band, 'Bitter end' or 'Running up that hill'.
Last gig with my 'punked up pop' band: 'Relax' Frankie goes to hollywood

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1427723360' post='2733442']
Some good stuff mentioned there. I intend to suggest "You gotta fight for your right to party" to whip up a little excitement. Anyone here already do it?
[/quote]

Yep, always a winner

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1427723360' post='2733442']
Some good stuff mentioned there. I intend to suggest "You gotta fight for your right to party" to whip up a little excitement. Anyone here already do it?
[/quote]

Not currently, but used to do it in a previous band and it always went down a storm.

From what I can remember of last night's gig, the best received song award would have to be shared between the ones everyone knows (Mustang Sally and White Rabbit) and a couple that few in the audience are likely to know, the old blues standard 'Help Me' and our heavily reworked version of Elvin Bishop's 'My Dog'. Even the one original we played last night had a good number up and dancing.

Probably when we played Paranoid again for the encore, the rocked up version of Message In A Bottle went down very well as did the songs where we got soem guests up - All My Life, Slither and The Immigrant Song.

[quote name='barneyg42' timestamp='1428232654' post='2739337']
Last night......What's Up-4 Non Blondes!
Our end of night singalong anthem and by Christ did they singalong!! Had the pub rocking!!!
[/quote]

This went down the exact same last night, the thing is our singer was worried that it wouldn't go down well!
Hold on by Wilson Phillips was also a big shock - it was a hands in the air clap along etc.

Oh no - i didn't realise Brown Sugar was a certified cliched cheesy number! I offered to learn it for an upcoming gig as some of the guys I'll be playing with already know it.

It'll save me from dipping into Mustang Sally or Brown eyed Girl, and for that, we should all be thankful.

[quote name='bassbiscuits' timestamp='1428587193' post='2742736']
Oh no - i didn't realise Brown Sugar was a certified cliched cheesy number! I offered to learn it for an upcoming gig as some of the guys I'll be playing with already know it.
[/quote]

It's another song ideal for the idle bassist, along with All Right Now and Highway to Hell.