Why become a member? ×

Bugera BVV3000 - anyone tried one?

Painy

It's one of the things I like about my Ampeg PF50T - it may be limited in power, but with a decent bag it's convenient enough that I actually take it out and use it for everything rather than leaving it sitting at home or in a rehearsal space like I would with a 300-watt valve beastie.

I guess that may have been one of the reasons this amp wasn't made for long; the form factor is only really going to appeal to folk doing quite serious touring gigs, who generally don't mind shelling out a little more for a recognised brand like Ampeg.

10 hours ago, Beer of the Bass said:

I guess that may have been one of the reasons this amp wasn't made for long; the form factor is only really going to appeal to folk doing quite serious touring gigs, who generally don't mind shelling out a little more for a recognised brand like Ampeg.

I think the market for heavy bass heads is so small a company like Behringer that needs high quantity production to make it pay just couldn't. 

When I compare the guts of a typical £350 300/500 watt class D head with the amount of relatively costly components (nine valves, 2 massive transformers, several highly populated PCBs and wiring looms) and assembly time involved in building a BVV3000I I'm not surprised it looks like only one or two batches were ever made around 2012.

I wonder whether Behringer realised the error of its ways and just pushed them out at cost price to clear its stock?

Edited by Sparky Mark