Why become a member? ×

Why I sold my Rickenbacker Bass

Bronner

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1426982268' post='2724481']
To be fair, my wife posted a video of baby goats somewhere earlier, so there wasn't much internet left.
[/quote]

Well mine posted a pic of her arse a while back, so that must have used up a fair bit.

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1426986499' post='2724506']
Ive heard that is what all the kids are doing these days!
[/quote]

What, posting pics of Discreet's wife's arse?

Bloody hell, kids these days, I dunno etc.

J.

I have a rickenbacker 4001 & a rickenbacker 4003. They are so very different. The 4001 is so versatile I can get smooth or clank. The 4003 is all about clank. It sounds like an angry wasp and nasally and is absolutely bam pot with over drive great fun if you are in the mood. A friend has a 4003 which seems more versatile than my own and I don't know why? . I have often thought to sell the 4003 and try something else. Its just a thing and there are so many things... I'd love a Ritter. I'd love a really nice jazz, I'd love a insert the name of your favourite brand here.... I think ill buy what appeals to me, and then come on basschat and tell everyone about it.......spoiler alert I just bought an epiphone jack casady.

Edited by watton_earth

[quote name='Number6' timestamp='1426975542' post='2724419']
Is there not a BC Gulag?
[/quote]

yes and it's fully of sh*tty rickenbackers (and probably woolly old ashdowns too) that nobody actually wants/likes to play but just has one because they look 'cool'

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1426945910' post='2723793']
I like the coop own brand sea salt and balsamic vinegar ones.
[/quote]

Do you mean the sea salt and chardonnay vinegar ones. because they are without doubt the best crisps,ever. ( Sometimes reduced to £1)

[quote name='JoeEvans' timestamp='1426977576' post='2724451']
[url="http://www.borderbiscuits.co.uk/our-biscuits/dark-chocolate-ginger/"]Borders Dark Chocolate Ginger biscuits. [/url] Other biscuit manufacturers should basically just give it up right now.
[/quote]Yes, yes a million times YES!

Unless you don't like ginger of course, or plain chocolate.....

I have memories of a hollow 'Backer I sold in LA, back in 1978. I was hungry and it hurt me badly to sell it. I miss that bass more than any ex-girlfriend or wife I have had... Now I have two nice good-sounding 4003 basses that will never be sold. Still, now I like my Ray 34. I like to fiddle with the active EQ.