Why become a member? ×

1965 Fender Precision *Withdrawn*
£3450

Squib

You need the B profile neck, which I think measures 1 & 5/8ths" at the nut as opposed to the wider C profile neck found on early / mid 60's P basses :)!

Having played only Jazzers for years in the early days, this width of neck doesn't feel too much different to the A Profile neck of a Jazz to me.

ps - I think the '5' on the Fender neck stamp denotes that it's a Precision, not the actual day of the month, otherwise from experience, all P basses were only made on the 5th of each month :)!

Edited by dodgnofski

[quote name='dodgnofski' timestamp='1426524043' post='2718823']
You need the B profile neck, which I think measures 1 & 5/8ths" at the nut as opposed to the wider C profile neck found on early / mid 60's P basses :)!

Having played only Jazzers for years in the early days, this width of neck doesn't feel too much different to the A Profile neck of a Jazz to me.

ps - I think the '5' on the Fender neck stamp denotes that it's a Precision, not the actual day of the month, otherwise from experience, all P basses were only made on the 5th of each month :)!
[/quote]
Yes , you're quite correct sir . The digit before the month indicates the model . . . . not the day of the month !

[quote name='Belka' timestamp='1426786947' post='2721984']
Is that bass on consignment at the Gallery by any chance? If it is then I've played it - and it's lovely. It is also ridiculously light - lightest bass I think I've ever picked up!
[/quote]
It is indeed the same one . . . . and yes it's extremely light . Probably about the lightest Fender I've ever owned and I've owned quite a few over the years .
Really beautiful bass man .

[quote name='Squib' timestamp='1426803880' post='2722283']

It is indeed the same one . . . . and yes it's extremely light . Probably about the lightest Fender I've ever owned and I've owned quite a few over the years .
Really beautiful bass man .
[/quote]

I too played this in the Gallery. It's probably my favourite ever P Bass and I've been lusting after it ever since. If I wasn't currently in the process of having a '68 Ric restored - which is the 2nd thing to interfere with my projected Limelight purchase (I will get there!) - I would've been very interested in this. I was having some nerve problems with the P body contour but they seem to have settled down for now.

Best of luck with the sale, it really is an awesome bass, one of the nicest I've ever played.

Edited by 4000

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='Squib' timestamp='1426506631' post='2718536']
Beautiful playing and ridiculously lightweight 1965 Fender P Bass .
The lightest one I've ever owned at around 7.8lbs ( 3.57kg ) . Amazing flame to neck and headstock .
Refin in black nitro ( had been stripped way back ) with C&G Fender reissue case .
Sounds and plays wicked like a 60's P should !
Please PM for any further info .

[s]£3450-00[/s] £3150 -00 Will ship at buyers expense . . . . Not looking for trades thanks .

[attachment=197619:IMG_0190.jpg] [attachment=197620:IMG_0191.jpg]
[/quote]

Are you allergic to them? BOOM BOOM!

(Slightly late with that joke)