Why become a member? ×

Facebook likes disappearing

PaulWarning

On my bands facebook page we suddenly lost 14 likes in one day, now I know some people cancel there likes for various reasons but to lose 14 in one day seems a bit much, we can't have upset that many people in one day surely, is it something to do with Facebook?

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1426415532' post='2717729']
Something to do with facebook removing as bunch of fake accounts recently I think. Iirc it says something about it if you look at your stats page?
[/quote]right I've found it, they've removed a load of likes from deactivated accounts, I always thought they were removed at the time the account was deactivated though, they certainly were when our drummer deactivated his, happened straight away

[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1426417508' post='2717771']
right I've found it, they've removed a load of likes from deactivated accounts, I always thought they were removed at the time the account was deactivated though, they certainly were when our drummer deactivated his, happened straight away
[/quote]

I think there's some small print about drummers :gas:

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1426422188' post='2717838']
I deactivated my facebook about a year ago, by coincindence to this thread my mate said in the pub last night that he has seen quite a few people leaving recently, is facebook losing its crown?
[/quote]Well I wouldn't bother with it if it wasn't for the band, most of time it's used by sado's trying to convince everybody else what a wonderful life they've got, when, if it was, they wouldn't be wasting their time on FB, rant over, well I have just got back from the pub, perhaps I ought to put that on FB lol

I heard an interesting programme on Radio 4 today talking social media, and Facebook in particular.

It was reported that the trend to share every part of your life in intimate detail with a bunch of, what are essentially, strangers has been steadily losing its appeal for some time.

It was mentioned that younger users are starting to realise that bullying can be an issue and that what they say 'now' may come back and haunt them in the future in both personal and career spheres.

Got to say that its something that I've never been tempted to get involved with, but I can be a bit of a luddite when it suits me. :)

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1426448043' post='2718160']
I heard an interesting programme on Radio 4 today talking social media, and Facebook in particular.

It was reported that the trend to share every part of your life in intimate detail with a bunch of, what are essentially, strangers has been steadily losing its appeal for some time.

It was mentioned that younger users are starting to realise that bullying can be an issue and that what they say 'now' may come back and haunt them in the future in both personal and career spheres.

Got to say that its something that I've never been tempted to get involved with, but I can be a bit of a luddite when it suits me. :)
[/quote]Our soon to leave guitarist hasn't got the message yet, he was saying on FB the other day it was a quiet day at work so he was in the toilets doing sudoku's, not the sort of thing I'd put on there even if I did post stuff
[quote name='Wooks79' timestamp='1426449763' post='2718178']
[color=#141823]From Facebook - "We've recently updated the way we measure how many people like your Page. Pages may see a decrease in likes after 12 March, when we removed likes from inactive Facebook accounts."[/color]
[/quote] I hadn't seen that, mystery solved, cheers

[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1426450557' post='2718189']
Our soon to leave guitarist hasn't got the message yet, he was saying on FB the other day it was a quiet day at work so he was in the toilets doing sudoku's, not the sort of thing I'd put on there even if I did post stuff.
[/quote]

Funnily enough, people who post stuff like that rarely manage to tell the full story of why they got fired later on... :rolleyes:

We have had the same recently with sways of 20 or 30 likes in a day, then suddenly half of the disappear again a couple of days later, our guitarist looks after the page so can see the trends, we had a couple of days of getting 30 or 40 likes a day from Mexico, then is stops and the following day we stated getting loads of likes in India, then London....strangely we haven't played in any of these places (although the first tour is looking interesting)

We have no idea how or why we are getting these likes...all very strange if you ask me

I've just had a look at our insight on FB & we've had a few unlikes on our Torta page, but the likes outweigh it.

On another note, we got a message that was supposedly from facebook, but on closer inspection, turned out to be spam. We reported it, but here's what it said, so be wary of similar.

https://www.facebook.com/tortacouture/photos/pb.235686989792713.-2207520000.1426498710./1024003670961037/?type=3&theater